Chapter 30

There's Nothing Holdin Me Back, Shawn Mendes

Quote;

Sometimes it takes the right people,
To experience who we really are.

Chapter 30.

"Noelle-"

I run, I run as fast as my feet will take me. A mixture of rage and sadness boil up inside of me, and I can't decide which one I'd rather feel. There are times when I wish more than anything that I could feel nothing at all, this is one of those moments.

Tripping over my own feet I fall and my arms scrape on the sidewalk. A car pulls up alongside me and I try to ignore the throbbing pain coming from my arms. Wiping the blood off my elbows, and picking at the loose skin, I watch as Isaac gets out of the car and heads over to me.

Without a word he holds out his hand, and I fold my arms, looking away from him. I am sick of him always trying to play the hero. I'm sick of people making me out to be weak..

He sits down next to me and I rub my arms, attempting to warm myself up. Isaac looks over in my direction, but quickly looks away when I catch him staring. Why am I like this?

"I never knew how little he cared about me until now," I mutter. "Guess you never really know what you are to a person until it's over. When we first got together I thought he was my perfect match, stupid, I know. Never thought a junior as amazing as him would ever think twice to look at a sophomore. But he did. He looked at me."

"You couldn't have known how things would lead up.." Isaac replies, zipping up his jacket. "But we accept the results in our life we believe we deserve. I bet he saw you comin' from a mile away."

"What exactly is that supposed to mean?!" I remark, glaring at him. "Are you saying this is my fault, I already feel that way!"

He shakes his head, "I'm sayin' that maybe during the relationship you let your insecurities get the best of you, and accepted everything he threw at you because you wanted to keep him happy. You just said you didn't think he'd give some sophomore a second thought."

"Did you come out here to patronize me, is that it?"

"I'm not patr- you know what whatever, I came to offer you a lift somewhere. Maybe we can hangout or whatever, I don't know.. But if you wanna be alone to wallow in your own self pity, be my guest."

"Thanks Isaac, that's a very generous offer." I sneer.

He shrugs, standing up. Dusting himself off, Isaac heads back to his car and gets inside. Just when he is about to pull away, I get in. There's something wrong with me.

"Where are we headed?"

My stomach growls and he smirks, dimples appearing on his cheeks. "I guess that answers your question."

Chuckling, I buckle up and he drives down the road. Staring out the window, I bite on my nails. He turns on the radio, but keeps the volume low.

"He uh, he was out of line." Isaac remarks, "And I'm sorry for my rude comments and stuff.. again."

"Neither of us are a people person, that's for sure." I muse, and he nods, the corners of his mouth lifting up.

"Forgive me for being all in your business, but uh, don't you have a social worker or something? Some foster family to look after you or-"