Chapter 1

Lizas POV

I walk to the bench where Gabbie and
I sit every lunch period and go on my phone, waiting for her to show up.

I am in the middle of reading some guys long caption about how much he loves his girlfriend when Gabbie arrives and sits down.

I look up at her and smile but I notice something odd. She sitting up straight staring at me.

"Uhh.."

"OMG THERE IS A NEW GUY IN MY MATH CLASS AND HE IS SO HOT," Gabbie shrieks causing the girls next to us to stare. I shrink in my seat, I hate being noticed I'm so scared of what people think of me. Gabbie on the other hand... she doesn't care at all.

"Oh, what's his name?" I ask. Gabbie finds nearly everyone hot so I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't that great.

She holds her breathe and looks over my shoulder, I turn around and see Zane and Heath and someone unfamiliar, "hey Zane, hey Heath!" I say waving.

They smile and start to walk over. "Liza, he's coming!" Gabbie says.

They come over and sit with us.

"Hey guys this is David he's new, he's all the way from Chicago." Zane says.

"Hi," I say politely. I notice he's okay, he has brown eyes, brown messy hair and I notice he's really tall. Or maybe I'm really short?

He smiles at me. "Hi I'm Gabbie I'm in your math class!" Gabbie says edging closer to him, stroking her hair.

He turns to look at her and they start talking completely forgetting about me. Zane and Heath head off somewhere so I'm third wheeling to two people who aren't even a couple.

Andrew, Gabbies boyfriend comes up to us and wraps his arms around her from behind.

"Hi babe," he says. Gabbie says hi back but she looks a bit annoyed. That's just who she is though she'll flirt with anyone but she won't mean it.

Davids face falls a bit when he sees Andrew then turns to me, "so what's your name?"

"I'm Liza," I say and awkwardly cough trying to ignore Gabbie and Andrew making out.

"Wanna move?" David asks and I agree and we move to another table.

"Soo..." David says and looks around. I don't know what to say so I uncomfortabley stare at the table.

There is a very awkward silence for a few minutes then I say the first thing that comes to my head, "did you know there are more chickens than humans?"

He frowns and lifts an eyebrow. He must think I'm a freak.

"Err... no."

I cough, "excuse me i gotta poo." Then I run off. I run into the girls toilets and hit my head against the wall. Why the hell did I tell some guy I needed to poo?!

I lock myself in a stall and stay there until next class.

<next class>

I walk into English class early so I can get a good seat at the back where nobody will see me.

I watch everyone come in and notice David walk in. The only seat left is next to me, he looks at me and groans but goes to sit next to me.

Everyone talks waiting for the teacher, "thanks for leaving me all alone I didn't know a shit could take 32 minutes," David says rudely.

"Sorry," I say quietly.

"So you should be," he says turning to the front because mr smith has walked in.