Chapter 31

Davids pov

As I get home mom starts to talk, "how was your day David?"

I grunt and run to my room before she continues speaking. I lock the door and collapse on my bed, not even bothered to take my shoes off. I just cry and cry and cry until my eyes are red and my throat is burning.

"How could you hurt me like this Liza," I whisper but I know she can't hear me. She's left anyway. I told her to get out of my life and she did.

I think back to lunch. Liza said we needed to talk.

I was in the middle of talking to Tiffany, a girl I used to like in seventh grade.

I thought about just asking her to prom I knew she wasn't going with anyone else but somehow my heart wouldn't set on it.

"DAVID!" Screams mom.

I ignore her. I hear footsteps. Someone opens the door, I frown at the doorway waiting for mom to come in but it's someone else. It's Liza.

"David?" She says slowly.

"Come in." I say blandly.

She walks in and closes the door she sits on my office chair, "I know you wanted me to get out of your li-" she starts but I interrupt her.

"No Liza, I was just mad I would never want you to leave my life. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You have no clue how much i need you."

The corners of her mouth form into a small smile but not for long.

"David please let me explain."

I nod.

She tells me everything I saw on the video.

"But why did you say u weren't going with anyone?"

"I dunno David you wouldn't understand. Girls like me think Guys like Zac have pretty faces and girls like me fall in love with guys like you and I guess I just looking at his pretty face was like a drug and I turned into a different person but after class I told him I was going with you I promise." She says.

"I understand. I guess it's the same for everyone you know? No matter what your sexuality or who you are there's always gonna be that person that everyone finds attractive." I say.

She nods, "can I stay over?" She asks.

"Sure... why?" I ask.

"Cause why not," she says and gets up and hugs me.