Chapter 33

-fast forward to night of prom-

Lizas pov.

I'm at Gabbies house, applying the finishing touches of her makeup. Jackson and David are arriving together to pick us up.

I check the time 7:14.

"They should be here in exactly one minute." I say excitedly.

Gabbie starts squeaking and hugs me.

"I can't believe we're actually graduating!" She says.

I smile then the thought of my future job comes in my head and I start to worry.

Then the doorbell goes and we check.

Jackson is at the door with purple flowers.

He gives them to Gabbie then turns to me, "I waited at Davids for ages, his mom finally came out and said he's gone already." Jackson says shrugging.

"Oh?" I say confused. He never told me about that.

We get into the car and I sit in silence In the back seat thinking about  David. I ring him and it leaves me to voicemail. I sigh. We pull up at school and I see all these couples everywhere. My anxiety starts acting up.

We all get out the car and walk Inside. I  ring David again and he picks up, "hey babe." He says.

"Where are you?!" I say angrily.

"Inside." He says.

"I can't see you!"

I get a tap on my shoulder and see David; he looks so handsome in a black suit. I hang up the call and give him a quick hug.

"Why didn't you come get me?" I asked.

"Sorry I promised Tiffany I would drop her off, I was meant to tell Jackson but I didn't have time," David says

"Oh so you can take Tiffany to prom but u can't even take ur date?!" I say with sass.

"No she had to go early cause she's taking photos and she didn't have anyone to take her!"

I roll my eyes.

"Liza!" David says angrily.

I hug him, "sorry,"

He hugs me back and we spend the night talking to people we've never spoken to before and dance.