In the Middle of Nowhere?

I got home from school and went straight into the kitchen, craving some snacks. I opened the freezer and noticed some chocolate ice cream begging to be eaten. I grabbed the ice cream, closed the fridge, grabbed a spoon, went straight to the living room and laid on the couch. i was eating the  ice-cream straight out of the container cause I  was too lazy to get a bowl.

I turned on the TV and started watching The Big Bang Theory. I wasn't really feeling like doing anything at all. I just wanted to eat and sleep all day long. And that was my plan. Until, my parents appeared.

"Renee, pack some clothes up. we are going to visit your grandma for the weekend" said my mom as she grabbed the ice-cream from my hands. "Do I have to go? Is my assistance completely necessary?" I asked. "Of course it is! Your granny is turning 98. And we don't know how many birthdays she still has left" she said. "Not many, I hope..." mumbled my dad. "honey!" yelled my mom sounding annoyed. "what? I'm just kidding" he then said. my momo rolled her eyes at him and then looked back at me. "why don't you want to go visit your grandma?" she asked me. "It's not about her. It's because her house smells like medicine, theres no wifi and her dog hates me" I said. "You're just exaggerating" my mom said. "No. She is not" said Jacob as he got to the living room. "Well, I don't care what you think. We are going to grandma's for the weekend."

A few minutes later I was upstairs packing some clothes and some other stuff.

This is going to be a long weekend. I thought as I walked outside with my luggage. "Let me help you with that sweetie" said my dad as he grabbed my luggage and placed it in the car's trunk.

I got inside the car in which Jacob was already in. A few seconds later my parents hopped in and my dad started driving. A few minutes later I fell asleep.

Jacob's POV:

We had been in the road for about 40 minutes and it was already getting dark. I looked at my window and realized it was actually raining. Renee was sleeping next to me. Her head resting on my shoulder. But I didn't mind it.

We were in the middle on nowhere, when suddenly the car started slowing down. "Dad, is everything okay?" I asked a little worried. "Mmm.. no. It seems like we ran out of gas" he answered. "I told you to made sure it had gas" my mom said annoyed. "Sorry, I forgot" my dad said. "Of course you did, you always forget everything!" My mom said with obvious anger on her tone.

They kept fighting. Forcing Renee to wake up. "Wha-what? Where are we?" She asked still half asleep. "We are in the middle of nowhere. We ran out of gas" I said. After that my parents stopped fighting.

"Good thing you are awake, Renee. We'll need to see if we can find a some gas" my dad said. "We'll be e back in a few minutes" my mom said. "We are going with you" I said. Renee nodded in agreement.

Mom's POV:

We all walked out of the car and into the pouring rain. My husband, Samuel, and I started looking for a gas station or a house, whatever was to our reach. The kids where a few steps behind us.

After walking for a few minutes we saw a nice cabin. "Hey guys, let's go to that cabin to get some help"

Renee's POV:

We got to the front door. I knocked the door a few times. Before it opened.

"Mr.Mendes?"