Unexpected visit

SHAWN'S POV
"I'll go back to sleep babe." Renee said. She looked tiered, her hair was messy, she had huge bags under her eyes, and she had trouble staying on her feet cause of how tired she was. She was a mess. My cute little mess. "Yeah, go get some rest baby" I said. She  gave me a kiss on the cheek and then walked back to her room.

"Daddy likes a girl, daddy likes a girl" Ian sang trying to make fun of me. I laughed at his adorable singing.

I got on my knees standing right in front of him. "She is really important to me" I said. "What do you think about her?" I asked. "I think she is really nice and pretty" he said. With a sweet smile on his face. "Yeah, she is" I said with a smile on my face. "Now it's time for you to go to bed buddy" I said as I got up my knees and then grabbed Ian and placed him on my shoulders. "But I'm not sleepy!" He said. "Yeah, but mom is going to get mad if she finds out you where up this late" I said as I walked to his room. "Okay..." he said.

I entered the room and carefully tugged him in his bed. "Daddy... does this mean you and mommy are not coming back together anymore ?" He asked, looking sad. Those words made my heart ache. Not because of Laura... seeing Ian sad always makes me sad.
I sat on the end of the bed, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Ian, Your mother and I used to really love each other.... but we are not happy together anymore.... we-we found other people who makes us happy" I said. I didn't really knew what words to use. How do you explain a 5 year old that his parents got divorced and will never be back together. "Renee makes you happy?" He asked. "She really does" I said, with a smile on my face and the thought of her in my mind. "Then she makes me happy too" he said. I looked at him. He had a smile on his face. I gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Good night buddy" I said before going back to sleep in the couch.

RENEE'S POV:

I woke up. The bright song filled the room with light. I waited till my eyes adjusted to the light, and the I opened them.

I got out of bed, I was starving. I walked out of the room, making my way to the kitchen.

As I walked in I saw Shawn cooking what looked like waffles. I LOOOoooOoovEEEeeeE Waffles!

"Good morning" I said as I approached him and kissed his cheek. "Good morning muffin" he said. "That smells really good. I didn't knew you cooked" I said as I sat down on a small chair in the kitchen table. "I do. My mom said she wouldn't let me move out if I didn't learned to cook. She thought I'd starve to death or something" he said, making me giggle. "She sounds protective" I said. "She is. She is a total momma bear, but in a good way" he said as he placed the waffle on a plate with the rest of the waffles and then took the plate over to the table. "Bone appetite" he said with a French accent.

SHAWN'S POV:

"Thanks baby" she said. Suddenly the bell rang.

Who could it be? It can't be Laura. She is supposed to come back tomorrow.

I walked up to the front door and opened it. "Hi honey!"

"Mom?!"