Truth is out

Renee's POV
"Mr.Mendes?" Jacob and I said at the same time. What is he doing here?"Renee? Jacob? W-what are you guys doing here?" He asked. "You guys know this guy?" My dad asked. "Yeah, he's Renee's favorite teacher" Jacob said with a playful tone on his voice. I hit him in the stomach with my elbow in return. "He is our literature teacher" I said. "The rain is getting worse. Would you guys like to come in?" Shawn asked. "Yes. Thanks a lot" my mom said as She made her way inside, with us behind her. We all sat on the living room. "I'll bring you guys some blankets." He said. "I'll help you out" I said as he walked away, making him stop. "Sure, come with me" he said. I followed him to some other place where we could talk.
As we walked through the hall I noticed a bunch of pictures of him hugging a girl and kissing her. He better have a good explanation for this.

We got to what looked like a guest room. He closed the door behind us. "Explain" I said as I crossed my arms. "Look, I-I haven't been completely honest with you" he said. "I know." I answered. "What? How?" He asked. "Oh, I don't know Shawn. Maybe cause you always act weirdly around me when I ask about your past, maybe cause you didn't told me anything about your family or cause you are staying in a house filled with pictures of you and some other girl being all cheesy!" I said. I was really mad. He was looking down at his feet "Are you cheating on me Shawn?" I asked, starting to tear up. He suddenly looked back up at me. "No. Well, technically no." He said. "Wha-what do you mean by technically?" I asked. "First of all, this is not my house. At least not anymore." He said. I gave him a really confused look. What does he mean by not anymore?

"Remember I told you I used to have a girlfriend?" He asked. I nodded. "Well, the thing is... she was, or well technically still is my wife." He said. "Shawn just go to the point" I said.

He took a deep breath, sat down on the bed and signaled for me to sit beside him. I did.
"Her name is Laura. We met in high school. We where in our last year of college. One night... things got a little too far... I-I got her pregnant. We didn't really knew what to do. The moment she told her parents she got kicked out. She moved in with my family. A few months later the baby was born. And she left school to take full care of him. About 3 months later I graduated. We moved out, bought a house and got married. Things started going down hill from there on. The love in between us was gone, or at least that's what she thought. I still loved her... but she cheated on me and broke my heart. I asked for the divorce a few months ago. But she refuses cause she thinks I'm going to take our son, so she never sees him again."
He said. "Why didn't you told me before?" I asked. "Cause I was afraid you'd leave me." He answered. Tears forming on his eyes. I pecked his chick. "I'd never leave you." I answered. He softly pecked my lips."So, she lives here?" I asked. "Yes, she does" he said. "Then what are you doing here?" I asked. "She had a dinner with her co-workers and asked me to take care of our kid" he answered. I looked at him. "Can I meat him?" I asked. "Yeah, uhm... he's sleeping right now. But you could go take a look at him if you want to." He said. I nodded.

He stood up from the bed. And grabbed my hand. I slowly stood up. He guided me outside the room. "Come with me" he said. I followed him till the end of the hallway. He stoped in front of a light blue door. "This is his room" he said. He slowly opened the door, letting the light come into the room and also revealing the  face of a little five year old. He looked like a little Shawn. "His name is Ian" Shawn said quietly. "He looks just like you. He is absolutely adorable" I said. "Renee" Shawn said. "Yes?" I asked. "This doesn't change anything, does it?" He asked. "No, no it doesn't" I said. Shawn slowly leaned in, connecting our lips into a soft, sweet kiss.

We returned to the living room with the blankets a few moments later. "What took you guys so long" my brother asked. "We couldn't find the blankets" I answered. "Mr.Mendes, it was really nice of you to help us out, but we need to get going" my mom said. "Please, Mrs. Berumen there's nothing to thank. Besides it's about 1:00am. I think It would be better if you all stayed for the night" Shawn answered. "Oh, Mr.Mendes. We don't want to bother you-" my dad said but Shawn interrupted. "You wouldn't be bothering me at all. I'd sleep a little more calm If I was sure you're all safe and sound." "But we-" "please, I insist" he answered. "Well, if you insist" my dad said. "Thanks Mr.Mendes." My mom said.

"Please call me Shawn"