Stereo Hearts (Glitch)

^Based on the song Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine^ 

(Requested by DanceCentralFoxes - sorry it's not Daft Punk, I couldn't find a song by them that inspired me) 

-

My heart's a stereo

You were one of his closest friends, held only in comparison to Mo. Glitch, admittedly, deep down, was kind of sensitive. I mean, he would never let anyone know that, but he knew it was true. That's why his little crush on you scared him more than anything. 

It was another day at practice. You and him weren't in the same crew, but you still liked to practice together, show each other what you were working on, and help each other improve. 

It beats for you, so listen close

In addition to all that, today you were working on a duet routine. It was a pretty slow song, much to Glitch's disdain. As per routine, he pulled you close and held you to his chest. In the mere seconds you were held like that, you noticed how loudly his heart was beating, and it concerned you. You looked up to his red face. 

"Are you alright? You seem a little.. off." You questioned. 

"Yeah! I'm all good..Just a bit tired. Why don't we call it a day? I gotta go get ready for the crew event later." He responded. 

"Sure! See you there." You assured him. You went to all his crew events, ever since the day you met him. 

He smiled, ruffled your hair,  and left. You remained for a moment with a perplexed expression before exiting yourself. 

It's just the last girl that played me left a couple cracks

Glitch had an epiphany. How liked you, he really liked you, and he knew you'd say yes if you'd ask him out. What was keeping him from doing so was his previous relationship. Around a year ago, Glitch had a girlfriend of whom he adored. The relationship ended tragically when she moved thousands of miles away, sending him only a brief text. He was devastated. the way she ended things made him unsure if she even liked him whilst they were together. 

 I used to used to used to, now I'm over that, 'cause holding grudges over love is ancient artifacts  

After moments of careful thinking, he decided he would do it. And he would do it that very night. 

 And know my heart's a stereo that only plays for you  

Later on, at said event, the fangirls were lining up. You had to push your way through to get to the front and see your friends dance. You waved at Glitch quickly, and he waved back. Mo cued up the music. The two danced a couple of songs before Glitch nodded to Mo, which was the signal to let him know that his plan was about to unfold. 

The music died down. The crowd murmured, puzzled as to what was happening. 

"Hey Y/N, could you come up here for a second?" He spoke to the crowd coyly. 

Startled, you stepped up in front of the group of people. 

"You're my friend, right?" He asked suspiciously. 

"Uh, yes...?" You said very unsure.

"If I was a fifty-pound boombox, would you hold me on your shoulder wherever you walked?" He quoted. 

"Glitch, what the-" You were cut off. 

"Would you turn my volume up front of the cops? And crank it higher when the told you to stop?" As he said this, Mo facepalmed harder than he has in his entire life. Once again, Glitch's ego had definitely gotten the better of him.  

"Isn't that from a song?" You realized.

"That's not important." He grabbed your hand and spun you around, doing one the moves from the duet routine you two were working on. Instinctively you began doing it too, ending up in the same position as earlier, where he held you to his chest. Except, this time, he held you there a bit longer.

"The important question is, will you be mine?" He asked, and released you. 

The fangirls went absolutely BALLISTIC. 

"Glitch.." You began. "That was probably, the dumbest, cheesiest, most embarrassing way to ask me out."

The room fell dead silent, and Glitch's heart sank. 

"But yes, I will be yours.." You said giddily and kissed his cheek. 

The fangirls went even more ballistic. 

word count: 716 words

A/N: so like this is really dumb but whatever. eventually ill write a gltich oen thats not super dumb. tbh i laughed waaaaayyy too much writing this. also its short again whoops

oneshots for aubrey & rasa should be coming out eventually. 

imma start asking my readers questions at the end of these for no reason.

QUESTION: Which DC game is your favorite?