Poison (Mo)

^Based on the song Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe^

Requested by mentalmau5

Note: This takes place during DC1, if you haven't read my timeline headcanon yet, please do because the timeframe plays a part in this one shot (and a couple others).

-

It's drivin' me outta my mind

As much as he tried, Mo just couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of you. Although you weren't technically part of the whole "Dance Central" thing, you did often act as a guest performer with Emilia on several occasions. The ease in the way you move your body to the rhythm in combination with the glimmer of happiness in your eyes is almost unbearable. Mo is so drawn to  you he can't stand it. He wants to ask you out desperately, but because of his somewhat shy nature, he'a gonna need some help from a friend. 

Can't get it out of my head

"Ay yo Emilia!" Mo calls out to his friend, as she beats a punching bag, as per the usual Tuesday. 

"Yeah?" She answers, grabbing a towel to wipe up the sweat sliding down her forehead. 

"I need your help." Mo says, as he takes in the scenery of the boxing gym. 

"With what?" Emilia asks. 

"I've kinda got a thing for your girl Y/N, and Im tryna think of a way to ask her out." 

"Y/N? Well, she's a chill, down-to-earth kinda girl. I say you should just ask her." Emilia states bluntly. 

"Just, ask her? No flowers or posters or anything?" Mo questions. 

"It's not a promposal, dude. Just ask her straight up. Maybe talk to her a bit before so she can know you better. Just don't make a big deal about it." Emilia says. 

"Alright, I got you. Thanks for the advice. Ill be at your next event." Mo promises. 

"I'd be disappointed if you weren't." Emilia smiles. 

That girl is poison 

Sure enough, Mo made an appearance at Emilia's next performance. And, thanks to Emilia's expert wingman skills, you were too. Mo's heart fluttered watching you accompany Emilia to Pon De Replay by Rihanna. Afterward, he saw his chance to approach you, and he took it. 

"Hey Y/N! Nice moves." He greets. 

"Thanks." You respond with a smile. Mo freezes for a second before speaking again, and you can tell he's nervous. 

"I'm Mo, I'm friends with Emilia." He hold out a hand for you to shake, and you accept. Over your shoulder he notices Emilia giving him a thumbs up. 

"It's nice to finally meet you. Emilia's mentioned you a couple times." You say. 

"Oh really? All good things I'm hoping." Mo says with a laugh.

"Yeah. Mostly." You say. 

"Mostly?!" Mo exclaims. You laugh a bit before continuing the conversation. 

"So, do you do any dancing?" You ask. 

"Yeah, you should come to one of my shows." He responds. 

"Alright, I will." You say. "It's a date." 

Mo freezes up again. 

"It's a date." He repeats, trying to convince himself that the girl he had been so taken with is actually interested in him. 

"See you then." You day with a charming smile, then proceed to Emilia to continue preforming. Mo makes a fist in a "yes!" sort of gesture, as all his plan had worked successfully. 

END

word count: 542

a/n: 

heyyyy lads sorry this took so long. between moving back in, workshops and family visits it's been hard to find the time and energy to write. 

i actually wrote this on the website on my phone so if the spacing is off or smth i apologize 

also sorry if this is like goofy it's like 3:30 am. ALSO i didn't edit it bc im tired sorry.

QOTC: Who's your dance central crush?? 

im actually gonna answer this one: it used to be glitch, but now i'm head over heels for emilia but also i really ship emaubs so yeet. 

COMING OUT EVENTUALLY: Angel, many more headcanons & the emaubs fic is a WIP.