Headcanon #1: Timeline

DISCLAIMER: these headcanons are entirely my opinions/ ideas. they are in no way canon, and you are more than welcome to discuss them in the comments!! also leave requests!!

okay so i think the games go in time sequential order. in DC1 the game's character's are in their senior year of high school, and dance central is based in their school (but obviously they preform in other venues as well). they are unaware of Dr. Tan's existence (minus Oblio) and are just having fun dancing in high school. 

DC2 is the summer after the original character's graduated, so almost directly after DC1. because it's no longer based at their school they let younger people (Glitch and Lil'T) and new people that didn't go to their school (Bodie and the Glitterati) to their competition thing (?). Dare, Maccoy, and Oblio just decided to no longer be a part of it. the characters are still unaware of Dr. Tan's existence, until the end, his confrontation of the player.

DC3 takes place very shortly after DC2, when they take note of Tan's threats and decide to stop it, so they form an agency. Dare and Maccoy resurface and join them.

dance central spotlight doesn't exist and you can't convince me otherwise.