Scream [Rasa]

requested by: someone but i lost your @ im so sorry

song: Scream by Usher

disclaimer: uh so this is more inspired by the vibe of the song than the lyrics and im saying this not because i forgot this was supposed to be a songfic but because it is true i swear

-

Being an employee at DCI came with its perks, that's for sure. The fun costumes and dance parties were fun and all but the true treasure lie in the eye candy that was your coworkers. Majority of them were just fun to look at, but there was one in particular with whom you often exchanged flirty dialogue. 

Of course this person was the one and only Rasa. You could never enough of the cool glint in his striking emerald eyes, reminiscent of a jewel twinkling in a vast expanse of desert. You felt your heart skip a beat the very instant your eyes met his own. He saw how flustered you were and offered a playful wink in return. 

This night you found yourself headed toward an office party. Ordinarily, office parties would be boring and stuffy, with the fun factor of a standardized test. However, due to the nature of DCI's work, office parties were more like a rave than anything. You were a bit late, and you opened the doors to find neon lights and booming music. You waved to your friends that sat off to the side, taking a break from the chaos of the dance floor. You approached them as they handed you a drink. 

"Finally! I've been waiting for you, like, forever." Aubrey chided. 

"I'm sorry." You laughed. "I got held up by traffic."

"Sure you did." She rolled her eyes. "Are you positive you aren't just avoiding you-know-who~"

Your breathing hitched.

"Uhhh... I don't know who you're talking about." You hurriedly took a sip of your drink. 

"Uh, I kinda don't either.." Bodie chimed in, genuinely confused. 

Your mind took control as flashes of your memories clouded your vision. 

You remembered watching Rasa's handsome figure as he gathered his things on his way out. Unfortunately for you, you'd been caught staring. 

"Hey Y/N.. What are you doing here so late? Lima left hours ago, I thought I was the only one here." He spoke calmly as he approached you.

"Oh, I was just getting in some extra practice. I can get a bit hard for me to focus when everyone else is around so I figured it would be most beneficial for me to wait until everyone else left. Looks like we both thought we were alone. " You chuckled softly.

"Well, I'm glad I'm not alone." He smiled at you. "And I'm glad you came to work for us at DCI. Your hard work and dedication means a lot to me and you provide such a benefit to our team. Thank you. I mean it." He spoke as he tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear. 

"I'm glad I'm here too." You smiled back as he placed a hand on your shoulder. The moment was everlasting as you made the eye contact you could come to treasure.

"Rasa. Duh." Aubrey turned to you, snapping you back to reality. "He's been looking for you all night." 

"Really?" You squeaked, then regained your composure. "I mean, uh, cool. I guess."

You cringed internally, to which Bodie laughed.

"Haha, whatever you say! Go get 'em, tiger!" He said as he gently shoved you in the direction of the dance floor. Before you could realize what was happening you felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around you as your eyes reoriented yourself by gazing at the all-too-familiar purple tie in front of you. 

"Well, if it isn't my favorite coworker.." Rasa smiled broadly at you. 

"Happy to see you too boss." Your eyes met his for the millionth time, although the lightning in your chest would make it seem like only the first. 

"Why don't you say we make this dance floor our own?" His voice resonated within your ears, overpowering the white noise of the crowd. You nodded in agreement as Rasa took your cup and passed it off somewhere into the night. Yeah, no way you were getting that back. Rasa took your hands in his and swirled you through the dance floor. Your chemistry was electric and truly the life of the party. You relished the feeling of his hands on your body as the night flew by.

Next thing you knew you were in the parking lot walking to his car, his arm wrapped around your waist. 

"Ooh baby, I can't wait to make you scream." He speaks into the night.

a/n

word count: 780-something

omg so whenever i save chapters for like . the order theyre gonna be in i put like random stuff in it so itll save and this one literally had a line for a musical i was in like a year and a half ago im so sorry

to make it up i will try to do all my drafts tonight