Nine In The Afternoon (Lima)

^Based on Nine In The Afternoon by Panic! At The Disco^

(Requested by @DCIagent666)

-

Man, it feels good to feel this way.

You and Lima had been together for a few months now, and not telling anyone was absolute torture. It was so hard not to just tackle her in a hug after she danced. Sometimes the two of you locked eyes across the room and the urge to kiss her was just unbearable. You were so in love with her, and so happy with her, and she returned the feeling. Alas, you were only recently employed with DCI, working your way up to being a field agent. Lima, being one of the directors, had a say of when your promotion would come. You both agreed it would look unfair toward others when, and if, you were promoted to field agent. 

But for now, your relationship had to survive on dates during days off, and little sparks tingling amidst the work space. 

You could 'cause you can, so you do.

Currently, you were working with Riptide on learning a couple of their routines. You served as an alternate for DCI, so if anyone was unavailable for a mission, it was your job to fill in their place. Admittedly, this was difficult. You had to know every routine out there precisely. One wrong move, and you would be out of a job. There are other alternates, but none as hard working as you. 

You hit the finishing pose in On The Floor right in sync with Bodie and Emilia. 

"Nice work, Y/N!" Said Bodie, whilst hugging you tightly and lifting you off the ground. 

"Yeah. I can't believe you learned all of that in 30 minutes." Emilia added. You shrugged as Bodie set you down. 

"It's what I do." You smiled. 

"Well, we'll be sure to put in a good word with the directors for you. You'll be promoted to field agent in no time." Bodie said while gathering his things to leave. 

"Thanks! I appreciate it." You waved to them as they left. 

We're feeling so good just the way that we do.

"Y/N, may I speak with you?" Asked Lima.

"Yes, ma'am?" You stopped doing the routine you were working on, and turned to face her. She looked so serious, with her clipboard and her uniform. 

"Many of my agents have told me you're a phenomenal dancer." She smiled. 

"Well... That's very nice of them." You replied. 

"Good enough to be a field agent, even. So, I've decided to give you a promotion. But first, you'll need to go through an audition. Do you accept?" 

"Of course!" You beamed. 

"Very well. I trust you won't let me down." She put a hand on your shoulder, but in a business-like manner. 

"I'll do my best." You promised. She smiled in response. 

"I'll see you later." She said, as that night was date night.

'Cause it's nine in the afternoon, and your eyes are the size of the moon. 

Today was the day of your audition. Rasa had just briefly taught you You Make Me Feel, and now it was time to perform in front of all your coworkers, including Lima. 

You felt your heart pound and nervousness rush through your veins. This was the opportunity you had been waiting for for months. You shook it off, determined to just have fun with the dance. And you did. 

You did the routine flawlessly. Everyone applauded wildly afterward, except for Lima, who couldn't contain herself. She hopped up out of her seat and approached you. 

"That was spectacular! I knew you could do it!" She put her hand around your waist and pulled you close, forgetting who was around her. Out of pure joy, she kissed you, right there, in front of everyone. You were suprised, but you didn't hesitate to kiss her back. 

The room fell silent and the two of you pulled apart, fear washing over the both of you. It stayed silent for a good while, until... 

"So...  Does that mean she made it?" Said Glitch, breaking the silence. Lima laughed. 

"Yes, it does." Lima replied. 

Everyone cheered again and thus began the celebration of your new title as an agent. 

-

WORD COUNT: 704

A/N:

woAh dialogue

also lima is REALLY ooc im sorry lol

alsoooo!!! the dumb contest ends tomorrow!! so if you wanna enter, do it tonight!!!

QOTC: what's your fave dance central ship??

coming out eventually: Glitch and more headcanons.