| SEVEN: BADASS AMY

CHAPTER SEVEN:BADASS AMY

CHAPTER SEVEN:
BADASS AMY

      Weeks had passed since the meeting at the Hog's Head. Amandla hadn't seen anymore of Harry, Ron, and Hermione (though she desperately wished she had seen the girl) and she had spent all of her time with her two friends or alone. She didn't feel like going to the library in fear of seeing anyone in Slytherin (though it wasn't likely, they usually were never there) and she never dared spend time in the courtyard, where she used to read a lot in her free time.

    Draco was always there. He was always there with his friends, laughing about whatever they wanted to and sneering at other children as they passed. She always hated seeing it, and often asked him to be kinder, and he would lie to her face, say he would change, but he never did. Yet, even though he so blatantly lied to her face, Amandla couldn't find it in herself to hold any anger against him.

    Even then, with his words still cutting and leaving scars inside her, she held no anger for him. No, she was mostly sad, losing the last bit of family she felt she had. She loved her aunt and uncle, and she was in their debt for saving her and bringing her to the Statures, but ever since last year at the graveyard, she knew that she could never fully trust them again. In her bones, Amandla knew that her Uncle Lucius was there. She knew that he was there at the graveyard, supporting the man that was the indirect cause for her parents' deaths.

    And it was an awful reason for her to harbor distrust inside. She knew that, if her parents hadn't ran away, she would be just like him. She would be waiting to support that man and all of his awfulness without a verbal complaint. But she wasn't. Her parents were dead and even though they knew about her, she was still safe until winter break (which was approaching too fast for her liking). No, she was safe either way, she would hide forever so that she could be different from them.

    But either way, she had been avoiding everyone. She had been avoiding the real world and locking herself into a dream by herself. Amandla had stayed in her dorm room any waking moment that she could, sitting on the window sill and reading books to keep her distracted from thinking of her own life. Any alternate reality in books was better than her own.

    And it wasn't long before her recluse life had to come to an end. The Gryffindor versus Slytherin match was that day, much to her displeasure. She hated that her friends were dragging her to the match, even though she made it perfectly clear that she didn't want to go.

    ("You need to go, get some sunlight and vitamin C," Cevira begged, "I mean, I don't want you to start burning from the sight of it.)

    ("Vampires do that, I'm not a vampire," Amandla shook her head.)

    ("You're going to turn into one if you don't come to the match," Cevira gave her a pointed look.)

    And even though she didn't want to be there, for more reasons than one, she walked with Corey and Cevira in silence, just doing what they wanted her to do. Draco was on the team. He was on the Slytherin team and he was going to be there, playing, and she was going to have to face him. Even if it wouldn't exactly be that, meeting him, she was still going to have to put on a brave face and pretend like she didn't want to cry at the thought of him.