| TWENTY: MEET ME INSIDE

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY.
MEET ME INSIDE

She wasn't sure how it happened. Wasn't even sure how they had gotten so close in the first place. Last year, she swore that the girl hated her and yet now she was inviting her into the Gryffindor common room to work on homework with each other. And now she was sitting beside her, looking at her Herbology homework and trying to focus just on that when her mind was racing.

"Hey, Amandla, what'd you get for question four?" Ron asked her, breaking the girl from her thoughts.

Amandla blinked, looking down at her own notes and seeing the question, "The spell against Devil's Snare?" he nodded, "Bluebell Flames."

"Cheers," he nodded in appreciation, copying down the answers before commenting, "Don't see how you're so good in that class – can't understand a bloody thing she says."

"Well do you actually pay attention in class?" Hermione asked, seeing her friend shake his head, causing her to roll her eyes, "That's why."

Ron rolled his eyes at her, "Whatever – and question five?"

"Are you even trying to answer yourself?" Amandla questioned, he didn't answer. "You're hopeless, and Polyjuice Potion."

"See, Hermione, she's actually helpful when it comes to getting answers," Ron made a snide comment. Amandla felt herself blush at that, wanting to defend the girl but also keeping quiet in fear of seeming too eager.

"Amandla can do whatever she pleases, I just want to help you," Hermione answered, delicately placing her hand over the Fitzgerald's for a second before taking it away again. She could still feel the touch lingering, her eyes trained right on her hand because holy shit, Hermione Granger just touched her!

"You would be helping me if you gave me the answers!" Ron exclaimed.

"For a second, yeah, but not for long-term. What about when you start a career? Are you going to have me to do all your paperwork?" Hermione fired the questions with a glare.

"No, because I would be doing something I liked. More than Herbology, anyways," he rolled his eyes.

"Guys, cut it out, will you?" Harry muttered in annoyance, "I'm trying to read."

"You're stilling analyzing that textbook?" Hermione asked, which caused Harry to nod, "I don't see why – you should just hand it back if you knew what was good for you."

"Hermione, this is the only thing helping me in Potions," Harry deadpanned.

"Wait," Amandla interrupted, eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "What do you mean?"