| TWENTYSIX: FLEETING MOMENTS

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.
FLEETING MOMENTS

            If there was one thing that Amandla had learned that year it was that Pansy Parkinson loved absolutely stunning in the morning. She looked more peaceful than any other time the Fitzgerald girl would ever see her, and sometimes there would be a few strands of hair in her face with her lips parted as she curled up and let Amandla hold her tightly. And the way their skin contrasted against each other. Simply magical.

         Not the kind of magic they were taught in school, no. This wasn't something given to those, this was something she was just graced with; that kind of magical. Amandla adored her, holding the girl closer to her chest as she saw the sunlight seeping into the room. Pansy's roommates were snoring too, content that the two even kept their clothes on. She was running her hand through Pansy's hair, hearing the soft snores leaving her as well. A small smile formed on her face, wanting to stay there forever.

         Certainly, this was not what she dreamed of when she went to bed at night. Not what she thought of when her thoughts even drifted to the future, but she wouldn't mind this; wouldn't mind waking up to Pansy. That was selfish, though, and extremely unrealistic. She had been seeing through these months how Pansy's gaze seemed to switch from Draco to Theodore Nott. She wished them only happiness.  

         And this sort of dreaming only came in the morning, when she was looking down and seeing this beautiful woman underneath her. Seeing her like this and letting her mind wander to the what if's and saying that she could see her. She would be more than happy with a life involving Pansy Parkinson. In the morning, but as she left and her mind returned to the not love (love? no, lust) filled state, her heart knew she didn't belong to Pansy.

         Through it all, Hermione stayed there. Hermione who looked even more beautiful in the morning and had been graced by the God above. Her angel. Maybe not her angel, not anymore, but an angel she wished would be hers. An angel she had captured and let go when she saw the unhappiness of the girl, even though it broke her heart. The perfect angel had broken her heart. Torn it out of her chest and ripped it to shreds right in front of her as she said all the things Amandla feared, using her weakness against her; Hermione.

         But it was nice to imagine a world where she wasn't heartbroken, with Pansy. If only she could give the girl her heart and have it returned safely. Have another heart to guard. But she didn't, because Pansy liked Theodore and she still had an infatuation for Hermione Granger.

         She flicked her eyes away from Pansy and to the window, seeing the sunlight. With a sigh, she unwrapped her arms from Pansy and started to get up, only for the sleeping, or once sleeping, girl to grab her arm.

         "Stay," Pansy croaked, voice laced with sleep as her eyes were still closed. Amandla softened immediately at the sight of her like that. But who wouldn't with someone so cute?