| TWENTYTWO: WORLD CAME CRASHING

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.
WORLD CAME CRASHING

The feeling of happiness was a strange one for Amandla Fitzgerald, especially in the times that she was in. But that day, the days following the Quidditch match which Gryffindor had won, she couldn't stop smiling. It was an odd sensation, but she felt so bubbly and light and couldn't help the giggles that always seemed to escape her lips. She was happy, something she forgot she could feel.

When she had woken up the day before, Hermione's arm draped over her body, a smile spread on her face as she remembered the night before. Everything was fuzzier than she would like, but she could remember Hermione's soft lips against her own, the way her hands moved under her shirt and took it off. The hunger in her eyes as she looked at Amandla, who found that she didn't feel self-conscious at all, and the way that Hermione had given her everything she could ever want and more. So much more.

And the way Hermione had begged for her. For her! Amandla! Yes, she had dreamed of the pleas that might escape her lips, but for them to be real, for her to actually beg...it was better than any dream could ever be. Amandla, that morning, couldn't help but admire the beauty that was Hermione Granger, lying there in deep sleep with her lips parted slightly and arm over her own body protectively. It was a beautiful sight and she never wanted to stop admiring it, never wanted to wake another day without Hermione in her arms.

But she had to leave. Had to leave the room before any of Hermione's roommates came upstairs and saw them, even if every bone in her body was trying to refuse. They didn't want to leave the sweet embrace of Hermione, Amandla's heart didn't either, but her mind knew she had to leave. So, with a pouting lip, she got up, only for Hermione to mumble in her sleeping state, "Stay..."

Merlin, Amandla had to bite her lip. That had just made it two-hundred times harder to leave her, and the way she looked...so peaceful, yet disturbed now that she wasn't holding anyone in her arms. Fuck. She was fucked. Amandla Felicity Fitzgerald was properly fucked in that moment because all this had happened and she wanted it to happen again and she was so happy she didn't want to leave. But, begrudgingly, she got in her clothes from the night before and walked out of the room quietly, closing the door slowly so that it wouldn't make a sound and wake Hermione from her slumber.

And then, down the stairs, in the common room, she noticed that no one was even awake. They were all asleep. All these Gryffindors on the floor or the couches with sleep taking over them and she knew when they awoke their hangovers would be worse than hers. She hadn't gotten drunk that night, surprisingly, and even then, she was used to getting drunk and the hangovers it didn't bother her as much as before. It just became another minor nuisance.