| TWENTYONE: COULD DIE HAPPY

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
COULD DIE HAPPY

            Still, Amandla found that she understood almost completely nothing about Quidditch. It just confused her, then again she was never one for sports. Growing up in a muggle neighborhood, she and Cevira constantly saw people playing footie, but neither understood the praise for the sport. And then with wizard culture and their high spirits for Quidditch, it felt like looking out that window again.

         She could picture it clearly in her head. They didn't go out, people called them weird. Always the girls, never Caesar. Like always, he was so believed by the other children, taking part in their games. They would sit at the window ceil and watch outside, hearing the record playing that Anastasia had set up as she cleaned the house. Almost it felt like they could the laughter coming from outside, seeing their joyous expressions as a team scored a goal and the others scowled. It haunted her, that joy, knowing that once again Amandla Fitzgerald did not fit in. Cevira would watch with a saddened expression, just wishing to play with her brother. Amandla, on the other, stared with confusion. She didn't understand why they enjoined kicking around the ball; she didn't see the point.

         And that was very similar with Quidditch. She didn't understand it and therefore she still saw no value in it. Of course, she still attended the game, even though Hufflepuff was not playing, because Hermione fucking Granger invited her, and it would've been rude to decline. And when she mentioned that point to Cevira, the girl rolled her eyes, knowing that Amandla would always find a reason to say yes or hang out with Hermione. Not that she was wrong, but that's beside the point.

         The two girls were sitting in the Great Hall before the match, eating their breakfast, which included waffles and sausage. Amandla saw some others reading the Prophet while eating, but she made a point not to after last year. Well, after everything. Not just the news of the escapists, but of the stories that spread about her – how the child of Isaiah and Gwendolyn Fitzgerald was actually alive!

         "Pass the butter, would you?" Cevira asked, reaching out her hand to meet Amandla's. "Thanks," she took her knife and spread it out on the waffle.

         Amandla only nodded as the Stature girl continued, "Excited to spend time with Hermione?"

         "That's not the only reason I'm going," it was, the blush on her cheeks only helped to prove that. Cevira gave the girl a look that made her continue, "I'm supporting Harry – and Ron, it's his first game, you know."

         Cevira rolled her eyes, "You're ridiculous. Just admit that you're only going to spend more time with lover girl, nothing to be ashamed of."

         "Um, maybe because I'm not?" if there was anything about Amandla it was that she was a shit liar. The worst, especially when it came to lying to her friends, especially if she wasn't prepared to lie beforehand. And the blank look on her friend's face wasn't helping until she eventually cracked, "Okay, okay. Yes...I may only be going to spend time with Hermione...maybe."