~Chapter 1~ The Beginning

It's been almost two decades since I was taught my powers, I excelled quickly and never seemed to have any problems. Having the powers of invisibility, teleportation, manipulation of sound, and my ability of telepathy. My powers made everything so much easier in school, because of that I'm the top of my classes, of course people expect more out of me, but that's what I have to live with. It makes me feel so lucky to have friends with me and by my side, but I usually tend to work solo, since I would be the only liability.

But nether the less, I love my friends anyways. We've got our genius Bob, who can into hack anything, mainly because that's one of his powers. He can manipulate electric currents, but also like I said before he can control the electronics in a way, and he sure is a genius. That's an understatement, he can solve anything and learn anything, which is a plus. His powers are not exactly made for fighting, so that's mainly why he's in charge of the network grid that controls everything in the school, and getting us into places during missions. He's not only a genius but he's also an inventor, he's the reason our suits are so high in tech and our weapons are so powerful.

Then we have Wade, one of the funniest guy I know, other then myself of course, if a knight and scout had a baby, Wade be that baby, since he's really a little bit of both. He has super strength, super speed, and he can control ice. His powers are perfect together and being resistant to one of his major weaknesses makes him one of the most powerful students at WinterCrest.

Now we have Tyler he can sometimes be a bit of a dick, but that's just how he is; he's an amazing shot, and our main range. He has telekinesis, flight, and the ability to control the earth. More or less he can level a building anytime he wants and use it to his advantage, I mean I'd be cocky and a dick if I could level a building too.

Then finally there's me, the nightwing type of the group. I prefer to go solo and sometimes go rogue for missions, but if I'm needed I'll be there. Having mastered every fighting method possible and mastering all my powers including my light magic which most people still think I don't have. So, as far as I'm aware I am the most powerful student to ever step foot on school grounds. I'm friends with the most people in the school, but Bob, Wade, and Tyler is my main group, and they'd be my choice of partners for any mission.

I was in the middle of that thought when I suddenly remembered that they were going to move someone in today, since apparently it's unsave to have the most powerful student live by himself. Jack was his name? I heard he's Irish, that's going to be fun to understand.... I sat on the couch to wait for his arrival. I heard the front door open, and I felt him us his telepathy on me, I usually never let anyone in head, but I'll let it slide, he's probably just trying to make sure I'm not a killer or anything.

I gave it a good two more seconds before turning around and immediately noticing his ocean blue eyes staring at me, this is going to be interesting.....

"Hello, I'm Mark. You must be Jack" I said to him as I put out my hand to shake his.