~Chapter 4~ A New Mission

I woke up early for school just as usual, I called too Jack for him too get up, but after a few times I gave up, Jack just didn't seem too care, or didn't hear me. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and made a note to myself to go and buy groceries before teleporting into the control room of the school. This was where the gang and I hung out before school started. It was also the base of operations for all our missions. I bit into my apple and sat on the couch as I waited for the guys.

"How are you and Jack getting along?" Wade asked after speeding into the room.

"Fine, we don't talk much..." I responded.

"You're being cold towards him aren't you? Doing you little trust tests?" Bob said as he left the monitor and formed his body out of electricity.

"You know that never seizes to amaze me" I said trying to not get into the subject.

"You know avoidance just proves my point." Bob says matter of factly.

"Poor guy doesn't even know what he's getting into; especially rooming with you" Tyler said as he walked in still playing with his rubix cube.

"Now on to more important business, what do we have for the plan so far?" Bob asked the crew.

"Not killing them is a good start." Wade stated.

"But you can't just leave then unconscious, those are variables that we can't calculate ahead of time," Bob said matter of fact.

"How about we don't knock them unconscious physically, and we just tranquilize them?" Tyler asked.

"That would be a smart idea, if they didn't have people who are resistant to tranquilizers, who can also temporarily share that ability with someone else," Bob responded.

"Not if it was with magic." I said, finally speaking up.

"None of us has been able too gain our magic yet, even you haven't." Wade pointed out

If only that were true...

"We could get one of headmaster's potions, that allow us to temporarily use magic even if we haven't achieved it yet." Tyler simply stated

"How are we going to get this passed by her?" Wade asked,

"Yea, she's most likely not going too risk some her top students in this, especially since the tournaments are so close." Bob added on,

We sat in silence thinking for a quite sometime, before Bob breaks the silence.

"You think you can steal one?" Bob asked directing the question too me.

"Are you crazy?! Even if she doesn't find out initially, when she does find out. We're going to all be dead," Wade argued.

"It's our best shot of finally taking Tenebris out, or at least stopping what ever they have planned" Tyler responded

"I'll see what I can do... but before that don't make any big moves," I said looking at everyone.

"Alright," Everyone else said in unison.

*******

I teleported myself the hallway towards Headmaster's office. As I was walking past a few classroom's, I walked past the classroom Jack was having his first class in. They were doing the their standard first day of class powers introductions. It seemed as though class hasn't started yet. So being me I decided to turn invisible and watch the class when it started, mainly since I myself did not have class till later in the day.

I carefully walked to where Jack was sitting and leaned against the wall next to him, he didn't seem to notice, he turned to a boy who was next to him, and was trying to start a conversation.

"What are you drawing?" Jack asked curiously. The boy looked up and smiled at him.

"Just random people. I'm trying to figure out a character for an animation I'm making. It helps me pass the time and take my mind of things," The boy said in a Swedish accent.

"Cool, I'm Jack by the way," Jack said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Jack, I'm Robin," the boy introduced himself. Jack smiled but his conversation was cut short when the bell rang. Everyone went silent and looked at the teacher as he began to write down the first lesson on the board.

"Today we are going to practice how to use your powers. I know a lot of you don't know what powers you have or barely know how to use them so I'm here to help you and teach you how to use them," the teacher began. He looked around the class before his eyes landed on Jack and Robin.

"You two, up here please," he said to the two.

Jack and Robin stood up and walked to the front of the class. The teacher moved the two so they were facing each other before stepping back.

"Now Robin, what powers do you have," The teacher asked, looking at Robin.

"I only know I can manipulate plants," Robin said timidly. The teacher nods and turned to Jack.

"And you?" He asked Jack,

"Ahh, I-I c-can fly. B-but not really well," He said,

It was either an act or he was actually nervous as fuck right now. Either way, I was starting to get bored and was making my way to the door.

"Hmm, okay. Let me show you one trick that will help unlock your powers," the teacher said as he grabbed something from his desk.

It only took me a split second to realize what he was doing, he was going to throw a knife at Jack to try and trigger something in him, that in itself is already not allowed to be used as a tactic in class. But from what I've also analyzed from being near Jack, it's that he definitely knows how to use all his powers, and from what I've seen about his personality, he's going to be too stubborn to use his powers to stop the knife. So without thinking it through I decided to run up next to him and catch the knife by the blade when it was inches from his face and was about to hit him.