~Chapter 7~ New Feelings

I woke up in a cold sweat, I haven't had a flashback that intense in so long that I forgot how it felt. But I guess seeing Jack the way he was brought back some old trauma...

Was my past self truly gone? Will I ever get rid of who I was in the past? The darkness can't come back. Can it? Why is all this self doubt resurfacing..... Breathe Mark... it's over...

I was in the middle of calming down when I suddenly heard a shuffle outside of my room door.

"Who's there" I said still tired,

The man stepped into the dark room of mine, and as soon as he entered I knew it was Jack.

"Can't sleep either?" He asked as he made his way to the corner of my bed,

"Not with you creeping by my door" I responded wittily, receiving a slight chuckle before hearing him sigh.

"I heard a you scream..." he said concern,

"I'm fine... But it's good to know my roommate cares" I replied with a tiny smirk.

I watched him as he scanned my face in the, and as he was about to say something he spotted something by me.

"You kept the knife?" He asked sounding defeated

"Yea..."

"Speaking of which, how's your hand?" He asked still with a hint of concern in his voice,

"It's healed, so don't worry about it" I answered as I instinctively shrugged

"How? It looked like it cut really deep into your hand," he asked as he tried to grab my hand and failing due to the darkness.

"Perk of one of my powers I guess. I never really looked into it" I said to him, not entirely telling the truth.

"Oh... ok..." He said accepting my answer, but I could tell he didn't exactly believe me.

After that we sat there in the dark looking at each other in complete silence. Not until now have I really had a good look at him. But now I notice how blue his eyes are, even in the dark they seem to glow brightly. I never really saw green as his colour, but it suits him well, especially as a hair colour.

Oh god, please don't tell me I'm going to fall for my mysterious roommate... What has my heart gotten me into...

"Well if you're ok... I suppose I'll just go back to my room" he said as he got up awkwardly. It seemed as though this time his tone was slightly more genuine, but I was too tired to give it another thought.

"Night" I said to him right as he was at the door.

"Night Mark." He responded quietly before closing my door and shuffling back to his room.

*****

Today was just like any day, I woke up got ready, went downstairs and called out for Jack not expecting him to actually respond. But this time he actually came out of his room early, which was quite a shock, since he seemed like the kind too sleep in.

"You're awake!" I said to him in a surprised tone,

"Yes. I am." He responded tiredly as if it was an everyday thing.

I watched him walk over to the fridge before saying something.

"You didn't strike me as the early type" I said trying too make small talk,

"Neither do you." He simply responded before opening a bottled chocolate milk and drinking it.

"Smart ass" I said under my breath,

"Oh really now?" He said after he finished his milk and was looking at me with an eyebrow raised before throwing the away bottle.

"I have no idea what your talking about" I replied turning my head dramatically as if nothing had happened.

"As much as I'd like to stand around and pretend to laugh at your non existent preschool jokes, we have school to attend." He wittily said with a smirk, clearly amused

"Alright, fine I'll teleport us both there." I said pretending to be reluctant.

I grab his arm and pull him close to me before putting my other hand on his neck to make sure he didn't get any whiplash the first time he teleported with me. We were now inches apart from each other, face to face. I got lost staring at him for a moment before snapping out of it, and giving him a nob and teleporting us to the front of the school.

Thankfully no one saw us when we appeared. I walked with Jack to his class, and before I could walk away he pulled me aside and whispered something to me before walking into his class.

"Thanks by the way... For saving me. For that you've earned somewhat of my trust."

By the time I was able to process what he said to me, I was already half way towards the control room. I only had one question about what he said.

Was he finally going to open up to me?