~Chapter 9~ Training Alone Together

"What is this place?" Jack asked me confused, as he looked around him.

"The arena I used to train in with my father before..." I said stoping my sentence before I went any farther.

"What happened here?" He asked me creasing his eyebrows in concern,

"Well as you can tell that this arena hasn't been used in a while.... It's because this used to belong to the previous Warlord...." I explained.

"You mean the one that was defeated not even 5 years ago?" Jack asked still curious,

"Yea. Now enough about the past of this place, we have to train" I said trying to avoid anymore questions.

He gave me a simple nod, I grabbed his arm again and teleported him to the highest point of the arena. It wasn't as tall as the one at WinterCrest, but it was still freighting.

"Oh, god" he said quietly to himself as he saw the drop.

"It's ok. Just breathe. You'll do fine, just concentrate on flying when you drop." I said grabbing both his shoulders.

"Alright, I'm ready..." he said after taking a deep breathe, and a moment after he jumped.

I teleported down to the ground level immediately, I could see him fall at an extremely fast rate. I was about to create a little sound-wave cushion to soften his fall, but then he started to hover in mid air and flew down.

"YES! I DID IT FIRST TRY!" He yelled out cheerfully in triumph after landing.

"You sure did, I told you'd do fine" I said with a a massive grin on my face before giving him a hug.

For the next hour I just helped Jack with learning how to take off, and how to stay balanced in the air. Aura was right, he was a quick learner, because by the end of the our session he was flying like he's done it for years.

"Ready to leave yet?" I asked Jack as he was doing mini tricks in the air.

"Yea, I need to rest anyways" he responded sounding relieved.

I grabbed his arm before teleporting us into the living room of our apartment,

"I have to go meet up with someone." I said after I pulled out my phone and looked at the message that was sent to me.

"Stay safe," Jack commented as he started for his room. I gave little chuckle before teleporting away.

*****

I appeared at the pier, where she told me to meet with her. I could see her looking into the ocean, her red hair flowing with the wind, while still wearing her battle suit, she never really did that off that skin tight suit... I guess she just finds it comfortable. She'd always love going to the beach, I suppose she always loved the calmness of water.

"It's been awhile...." she said turning her head at me when I was in hearing distance.

"What do you want, you said it was urgent?" I asked her trying to avoid small talk, but instead it came out sounding annoyed,

"Not even a hello?" she asked after sighing and turning to face me.

"No. Not until you tell me why you suddenly left. Father said he killed you... But I didn't believe him." I responded.

"You know! Just crazy ole me, I do things without explanation! You should know that." She said in a upbeat tone.

"Then what are you doing here?" I asked after sighing and accepting the only answer she'd give me.

"Well, I've taken the liberty of enrolling myself into the school you go to now. I want to see what all the fuss is about." She simply responded.

"This was the urgent news you wanted to tell me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes! Might not seem urgent to you, but quite urgent to me. Plus! You know you still love me! You'll find any excuse to see me!" She responded to me all excitedly.

"Do you need to set up a room or something?" I asked her after playfully shaking my head from her previous comment.

"I can just room with you. I know you've been living alone." She replies.

"Can't. I actually have a roommate now, apparently the council doesn't want me to live alone.... Because of who my father was... And all that.." I told her explaining my situation.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to talk with the Headmaster of that school of yours. Maybe I can even room with that Ethan boy that was so helpful in helping me get enrolled." She said starting to sound more excited now.

"You want to room with Ethan? Well sadly he also has a roommate." I said letting out a chuckle.

"Aww fuck man, well I don't know what to do then." She said in a playful fake sad tone.

"It doesn't matter now. We can talk about this later, but I have to show you around the city. A lot has changed in the 5 years you were gone." I continued on before gesturing towards exit of the pier and walking into the city with someone who should be dead.