~Chapter 12~ Giving In

Today was another training day for me and Jack. I actually looked forward to these days, mainly because we get to know each other a little more every time. I walked downstairs to see that Jack was already sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, sorry I slept in" I said to him in an apologetic voice as I walked up to him.

"It's alright, you looked like you needed it" he responded with a mouth full of cereal making me slightly chuckle.

"Ready for another day of training?" I asked as I walked myself to the cupboard and grabbed myself a granola bar.

"Mhm" he muffled out in response while still eating his cereal.

I watched as Jack tired to hurry up his eating by scarfing down his cereal, only to spill some on himself. I slightly chuckled before handing him a cloth to clean himself. He took the cloth and gave me a silent thank you. I watched as he proceeded to struggle to clean his own shirt, so I grabbed the cloth from him after slightly shaking my head in amusement before cleaning it for him. He gave me a weird looking stare, before quietly mumbling out a thanks. After that he put the bowl in the sink and looked back at me.

"You're not going to wash that?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Laterrrrr" he said clearly expressing how lazy he is.

I shaked my head in amusement again before grabbing his arm and teleporting us to the arena again.

When we got there my phone buzzed, telling me I had a text. I looked at it and saw that it was Cassidy, she wanted to hang out later today. I responded by saying I had a training session with Jack at the old arena before putting my phone away.

I was about to ask Jack if he was ready to train, but I heard something in the arena break, and of course just my luck it was right above me, I looked to see that it was about to fall. Jack turned around to give me a slight smile signalling he was ready, but his face quickly turned into a surprised one when he saw the beam just beginning to fall. The beam was about to land on top of me, but it froze mid air just a split second before it hit me. I looked at Jack to see that he was using telekinesis saving me from my doom. I teleporting far enough away from the beam that it wouldn't hit me when Jack placed it back down.

"You ok? Why didn't you teleport away or use any of your other power?" He asked he in an extremely worried tone.

"I'm fine. But lets look at the bright side! You have on more power to use at the tournament!" I responded to him in a more cheerful tone trying to divert the conversation to a different topic.

"But you didn't even move... Do you have a death wish or something?" He continued his pursuit of questions in his worried tone.

"Yes... After the things I've seen and done, death doesn't seem so bad." I told him truthfully after sighing.

"Now, you have your answer. Ready to train with your new powers?" I asked him clearly see that he was kind of stunned by my answer.

"Uh-h yea." he replied back snapping himself of whatever he was thinking.

After that we proceeded to train for the next few hours before Jack called it quits because of how tired he was.

I looked at my phone to see that Cassidy texted me a minute ago and said she was coming over. I gave it a few more seconds before hearing a swoosh by me and seeing her stop next to me and Jack, we were now sitting down resting.

"He seems tired." she says motioning to Jack.

"Yea, vigorous training, but we made progress today! He found one of his other powers!" I responded in a cheerful tone.

"Another old beam fell? I'm also guessing you didn't move because you still got that death wish of yours." Cassidy questioned me before just assuming what happened.

"Mhmm" I simply mumbled back in response.

"I'm going to do a quick coffee run to Starbucks. You two want anything?" I asked after standing back up.

"I'll take a medium black coffee." Jack responded almost instantly.

"I'll try on of those lemonade teas they have now and in the large, I heard they are pretty good." Cassidy said all sensually before giving me a really playful wink.

I chuckled at that before teleporting away to the front of a Starbucks and proceed to walk in.

*****

I got the two drinks they requested and got myself water. I made sure the drinks were secure, before teleporting with them back the the arena.

When I got back a saw that Cassidy was now gone and Jack was sitting alone on the bench with a worried and annoyed expression on his face.

"Where'd Cassidy go?" I questioned after walking up to Jack, clearing seeing the two did not have a good chat with each other.

"She said something came up." He responded blatantly.

"Oh... Anyways, here's your coffee." I said after handing him his coffee.

"It's getting kind of late, you want to drink that coffee of yours at home?" I asked seeing how dark it already was.

He simply said sure before I grabbed onto him and teleported us to the balcony of the apartment.

"I never knew we had such a nice view!" Jack said happily drinking his coffee and looking at the city around us.

"It sure is a good view isn't it?" I say as I looked right at Jack.

"Mhm-m" He stuttered out after he turned to me and realized I was talking about him.

I looked into those beautiful blue eyes of his again, they seemed to glow like stars in the darkest of nights and he has me feel something in me I hadn't felt in a very long time. He gave me a soft smile; a genuine one this time, I put my hand on his cheek expecting him to swat it away, but instead he let me stroke his cheek. At this moment it felt as though the world was nothing but blank void, and it was just us. I gave him soft smile, just like the one he gave me and just as genuine as his was, but this time I went one step farther. I pulled him close and kissed him expecting to get pushed away, but instead he returned the kiss. I felt sparks I never felt before, in the back of my head I knew it was wrong. Not knowing who he was fully and developing emotions for him. But this time.... just this time... it felt so right.