~Chapter 5~ Savour

The blade was inches away from Jack's face, I was still invisible. I could feel the blood on my hand start to seep, I shifted my position which Jack noticed. He then turned away for a quick moment before trying to grab the knife but instead grabbing my wrist. He yanked his hand back causing me to drop the knife as I turned my invisibility off, I caught a quick angry glance from Jack before the teacher stepped forward causing him to back down.

"Mark? What are you doing here?" The teacher asked me, seeming nervous and surprised,

"Does it matter why I'm here? The real thing we should be talking about is why you're using a banned method of teaching," I said sternly, pulling my hand away from Jack's grab, with blood trailing down my hand, I healed fairly quickly because of my magic, but not quick enough for there not to be blood. I caught Jack's annoyed glance just before turning back to the teacher.

"W-what? I h-have n-no idea w-what you're talking about," the teacher said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I shook my head and picked up the blade from the floor, showing him.

"Didn't the headmaster say you can't throw knives at people anymore? Since not all people can stop them?" I said, sensing my voice becoming bitter.

"Ah...," the teacher said quite embarrassed, I took that moment to glance back at Jack to make sure he was ok, but as soon as we made eye contact, he ran out the door. I was about to say something but I had to take care of the situation at hand.

"The headmaster was never too keen on second chances.... So I'd suggest following the rules next time... Or you might just be out of a job." I said sternly as I grabbed the knife and teleported it to my room.

"Of course Mark, it won't happen next time" the teacher said in a scared apologetic tone.

"I'll leave you be then" I said before walking out,

I walked out just in time to see Jack disappear into a dark shadow in the direction of the bathrooms.

So he has magic, how many people did he have to kill for his magic to be THAT dark, even when I was under the rule of my father's command, my magic never got that dark. How big is his body count?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts remembering that I had to make sure Jack was ok. I walked to the bathroom and walked in, he was in front of the sink mumbling something to himself covering his face with his hands, he didn't even noticed me until I was right next to him and he put his hands down. I could tell he was about to instinctively punch me but stopped when he noticed it was me. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I didn't want to seem intrusive.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked him instead but still genuinely worried, it was the standard thing to ask, but I could see by his expression that he was expecting me to ask him that exact thing.

He responded with a nob and saying nothing, I frowned at his response and took a step forward, only for him to take one back. My frown deepened and I try to read his mind, only to be again blocked by Jack. I suppose he doesn't like unwanted company.....

"Why didn't you jump out of the way when he threw the knife at you? You could have lost an eye you stupid egg," I said frustrated from not getting anywhere with him and trying to relieve the tension around us.

"Ahh, I didn't know he was going to throw the knife at me. Not until it was right in front of me," he quietly said.

I took this as my chance to get closer to him, I carefully took a step, and time he didn't step back. I took this as my ok, and I gently put my hand on his shoulder after stepping closer to him. He shuddered under my touch as his darted at the floor, I sensed he isn't really a people person, but I had make sure he was ok.

"Are you sure you're okay? You ran from that room pretty quickly," I asked him again this time with a more noticable tone of worry. He looked up at me as to search my face for any other intentions.

"I just don't like people looking at me... it makes me anxious," Jack said hunching down in defeat even more. I gave him a small smile and a slight nod.

"It's okay. I understand," I said to him, remembering the times I was just like him.

"How about we take the day off? We'll teleport back home and you can rest" I said to him softly.

He gave me a simple nob, and I carried him bridal style before teleporting to the door to his room and putting him back down.

"I promise it get better" I said to him before leaving him be and teleporting away.