~Chapter 13~ Suspicion

I woke up remembering what had happened the night before. I wanted that moment to last forever, but sadly it did not. I walked myself down to the kitchen and saw that Jack was still in his room, I took the opportunity to just get myself a cup of water.

"Jack! Time for school," I called out from where I was standing, seeing that he still hasn't come out after a while.

After a few more moments Jack still hasn't come out of his room and I was starting to get worried until I sensed someone using magic near by.

Jack...

I teleported to everywhere I've seen him been but still could not find him. The last place I teleported to was the arena and know and behold he was there, on his knees holding his head. I saw the light near him shift but I didn't even give it a second thought because I was completely consumed by worry for Jack.

"Jack? What are you doing here?" I asked from behind him worry filling my voice.

"I needed to clear my head," He said, quickly standing up and facing me, I was sure he'd notice the worry on my face. I looked past him and my eyes widened seeing the damage he did.

"Did you do that?" I asked, pointing to the broken beam behind him.

"Ah, I guess. I didn't mean to.." he mumbled out to me seeming to be in thought,

"Are you okay?" I asked still extremely worried, taking a step towards him. For the first time since being in that bathroom, he stepped away from me. I felt hurt by that action, and I could tell it showed, because I could see regret on his face.

"I'm sorry, I just need some time alone for a bit," he said in a whisper like voice but just loud enough for me to hear him. I backed away from him and teleported away to let him think.

Ironically enough I teleported to my own thinking place, I stood on the railings and looked down. Thinking of how many times I've thought about jumping and letting myself hit the ground.

"Love... It's a complicated thing..." Aura said from behind me seeming to know what I was going to think before I thought it.

I got myself off the railing and l got down before turning and facing Aura.

"What are you doing here? We only train my magic once a month." I asked genuinely confused on why she's here. She was usually to busy dealing with everything to even leave her own office.

"Can I not see if my own adopted son is alright?" She retaliated calmly in response to my question.

"Aura. I'm fine," I said to her hoping it'll ease her enough for her to let go of the subject.

"Just-t, don't get emotionally stressed because of this. He's not worth the consequences..." She said to me in a caring manor.

I gave her a simple nod, she returned it with a smile, and used her magic to teleport herself away.

*****

I was on that roof for not long after that conversation with Aura. I was now at the school, and it seemed Jack was avoiding me, since I didn't see him all day I was there.

When ever I had a moment alone I couldn't help but to think of that moment on the balcony.

Was I wrong to make the move? Does he hate me now? Will he bring up his walls again, and not let anyone in?

"Earth to Mark! Hello? Are you there?" The gang asked me in unison as Tyler waved his hand over my face.

"Yea... I'm fine. Just been doing a lot of thinking lately." I responded to them truthfully.

"Well, we just got kind of worried since you were just siting on that couch and staring at the ceiling for a while without moving or saying anything" Wade said to me as he and Bob turned around from the controls of the mainframe.

"Did you find anything on your daily weekly sweep of the mainframe?" I asked them trying to take the topic off of me.

Bob slightly shook his head before saying, "There was encrypted code that was able to steal our information... Completely undetectable, and completely unhackable, even by me... Whoever did this is extremely skilled."

Jack.

"There is only one reason I couldn't detect it before.... Whoever did this, had to have done it in this room, on the mainframe it self. They used my own code to hide theirs..." Bob finished explaining to all of us.

"Seems like you were right about your roommate, he can't be trusted." Tyler said directly looking at me.

"It's not him. I can assure you that he isn't the one who did it." I said to them defending Jack even though there was a high chance he was the one who did it.

"How can you be so sure?" Wade asked me with skepticism on his face.

"I read his mind when he was asleep... There was absolutely no trace of him having the knowledge of knowing how to hack." I said to them blatantly lying.

"Who ever it was... Took a lot of important files. We have to find out who it was before they use it against us." Bob said after there was a quick moment of silence between us.

Everyone gave a nod, signalling they understood what to do. After a few moments I told the guys I had to attend to something and teleported away.

I appeared in the arena where I last saw Jack. I walked up to the beam a put my hand on it to feel the rust on it.

Why did I defend him when I clearly knew he did it? Why did he do it to begin with?

Jus-t... Why?