~Chapter 25~ War.

I could see the look of shock on Aura's face as father threw her body aside, everything felt as though it was moving in slow motion, but the moment Aura's body finally hit the ground everything sped back up. My father summoned an army of the undead with his new extra set of stolen powers. Everyone began fighting the dead, I could see the more powerful taking them down quickly, but they kept coming back and more kept arriving. 

I reached into darkness in my core; the darkened heart, the pain, and the ruthlessness, "Niot Sagit Daet" and released a powerful ring of death that only affected the undead causing every single undead on the entire field to collapse immediately and become corpses and only corpses. My father looked at me with furious eyes and shot a very powerful energy beam my way, I was about to react but before I could, Cassidy appeared in front of me and countered the energy beam shooting it back at father. 

"I guess I'm not a coward after all," she said solemnly to me,

I watched her create a large wall of fire in front of us and sent it barrelling towards father.

"I've spent years training under him, I know his strategy better than anyone, let me take him on. You still have someone to save," Cassidy quickly said to me as she sped off again. I could see her distracting father, and so I took this chance to find Sean.

Father had brought back the dead once again, but this time it felt different but the fight against them continued. As the spell I just used drained a lot from me I could not use it again. But now the corpses got smart, they evolved as if almost as they fought, they started to counter our powers and land hits more then before. I saw Sean in the corner of my field of vision, many of the undead were going after him as it took more to bring him down then the other member of our side. I teleported to him and killed a few of them, but they came back, and this time stronger. 

"Mark, I don't need your help. I've got this," Sean said sounding annoyed by what I did.

"That's what people who don't have it say," I responded with a sly smirk, I knew I was being an ass but I couldn't help it.

Sean began to fly up, he was clearly trying to do something, but I couldn't figure out what. But before I could find out I hear my father in my mind.

Well, Mark, it seems you've done it. You've gotten Aura and her sister killed, turned the person that was perfectly fine without you into the monstrosity he is now... Consumed with power and unable to see his own bitter end and your best friend from childhood? Well... I wouldn't look up.

I looked up... And when I did, I saw my father holding Cassidy by the throat, I could see her struggling for breath, I could see her cast a spell which loosened father's grip on her giving her enough time to escape but it knocked her unconscious. She was falling through the air and in that split moment, I decided to let the darkness stay. I could hear all the voices again telling me to do their bidding, but I've lived with them long enough to be able to ignore them, I was finally allowing myself to become my truest self permanently, I no longer had to hide behind that namesake of Dark, and talk to myself like an idiot for me to be able to use my full-fledged powers.  I saw that Cassidy was still falling and I flew quite fast to her and catching her mid-air.

Then I heard an explosion, it caused most of the undead in the surrounding area to catch on fire and disintegrate. That wasn't a spell, or at least that was definitely not intentional and it came from Sean's direction. I looked over to him and I saw her was glitching? I could see him and what seemed like another version of him fighting for control. I put Cassidy somewhere hidden on the field, and I immediately flew toward Sean. I knew what I had to do, but I didn't like it. I had just enough energy for it, and it could kill him, but I had to risk it, I can't let a monster take control over him like one took control over my father.

"I'm sorry," I said to him as I grabbed him and kissed him.

Faleq Ewir Dare Salu Olfa Penu Takd Gaom Reait Fema 

I cast the spell in my mind as we were kissing and suddenly all of Sean's power was surging into me. I could feel all of it in my veins. I looked at him and I could see the distress and confusion in his eyes. It was not long until I had all his powers including his shadow magic since he still had fly he could stay in the air fairly easily.

"Why? Without those powers how am I supposed to help?" he asked me weakly.

"With these powers, you'd become another problem," I simply responded to him.

"Is that what you think I am? A problem?" he questioned me looking offended, and I could see the hate build up in his eyes.

"You and I both know that's not what I mean," I said as I looked at him one more time before flying away.

I looked over to where my father was, and he was once again holding Cassidy, she had woken up, but this time she couldn't get out of his grasp. This time, she was truly helpless, I could see her looking at me with those teary beady eyes of hers. I tried flying to her to stop what was about to happen, but I was still adjusting to the powers, and I was easily deflected by my father.

"I'll see you around..." She said to me with her magic,  

She gave me one last smile before I watched in horror as my father snapped her neck with his hand. I watched her lifeless body fall into father's arms, it was like watching Aura die once again but this time it felt much worst. It felt as if apart of me truly died.