~Chapter 2~ The New Roommate

I showed him where his new room was and let him settle down, he was supposed to register for into the system today. So I knocked on his door and waited a few seconds before walking in.

"Oh, hey. What's up" he asked casually.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted a tour of the school and meet my friends," I offered to him.

"Sure, I'll just finish packing and get changed, I'll be right out," he said to me in a fake cheerful voice that could have just fooled anyone.

I gave him a nod and walked away, he closed the door quickly behind me and I was left thinking to myself.

He's definitely not who he say's he is..... But why would he lie? Maybe he has trust issues? Or maybe he's just a dick. Well either way I'll have to be careful around him, he is quite new.

I walked over to the living room and pulled out my phone to respond to a few texts that I got, and just as I sat myself on the couch, Jack walked in to the room.

"That was quick," I said surprised.

He shrugged, I tried to read him to get more info, but he put his defences up too quickly for me to get anything. Definitely skilled, and by the looks of it, he's been skilled for a while. I frowned seeing as I couldn't get into his mind, and stayed silent.

"We going or not?" he asked me as he was clearly genuinely bored,

I nodded and stood up, walked out the door without a word. We started to make our way to WinterCrest, we walked in and people started to look my way and give me silent hello's. I got him registered, and started to show him around campus, I showed him his classes, and where all the other facilities were. We finally arrived at the cafeteria as I saved this place for last. As we walked in, I told him this was where my friends and I usually met up. Bob wanted a mini control station in ever major area of the school, so that he can keep tabs on everything where ever he is.

I can't tell him about the main control room before I get know who he is.

"Mark!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me,

I looked over to the mini control centre we had in the cafeteria, and the guy's were all there and waving me over.

"Guys, this is Jack," I said to the guys motioning to him,

"This is Bob,"

"That's Wade"

"And finally that's Tyler" I said as I put I my hand on his shoulder,

"H-hey" he said to them trying to look as timid as possible,

"So, what powers does Mr.Newby have?" Tyler asked as he played with that rubix cube he carried with him everywhere.

"I ah, I don't really know all my powers yet. All I know is how to fly but I can't do it well," Jack said to the other's.

He's lying about not knowing his powers, but I need find out who he was before I start any accusations.

"It's okay there buddy, the teachers here are really good at helping students find their powers and teaching them how to use them. And hey, Tyler can fly so maybe he can help you with that too," Bob said to Jack in his usual positive attitude.

"W-what powers do you guys have?" Jack said faking his shy stutter again,

"I can manipulate electronic currents and manipulate the web and such, I'm a super genius and can learn anything within seconds," Bob said

"I have super strength, super speed, and can manipulate ice," Wade said as he made his usual silly pose after he talked,

""I have telekinesis as you can see, flight as you've been told and rock manipulation. I can level this entire building if I wanted," Tyler said cockily,

"And you?" Jack asked as he turned to me as he acted like he didn't know,

"Well, I can turn invisible, teleport, manipulate sound, and I have telepathy, not exactly the traditional set of powers, but that's what make's me so unpredictable," I said to him in a cocky tone,

"Mark is the strongest person in this school. He's the top of every one of his classes and stands as the undefeated champion in the tournaments held every month. He knows every fighting skill there is!" Wade said making it sound like and exaggeration,

"He's even Impressed the Headmaster, and no one's ever managed to do that," Bob added

Impressed her enough to be privately trained by her; she was truly powerful, not even the boss of the villains dared to provoke her.

Not Yet...