~Chapter 22~ Trust No One

Its been a few hours since Jack and I came back to the apartment. He's now fallen asleep next to me, but I couldn't sleep. I was laying there feeling his body heat before I carefully got out of the bed and walked towards the balcony. I sat on the chair that was there and watched the stars as they twinkled in the night. I couldn't help but think of what'll happen in the near future, the war... Jack and I's relationship, and where we'll end up...

All this time I've trying to find Jack, I hadn't stop to think about what'd I do after... He's technically a villain, and yet I can't find the strength in myself to turn him in. Aura's powers are running through his vein and if nothing is done soon... I might lose him forever. He might not realize it, but having that much power messes with your mind.

I sighed to myself and stood up to go back into the bedroom. But I was stopped by a tired looking Jack, he gave a weak smile and I returned it. Even though we were always going to be on different sides I knew that there was always going to be an unspoken thing between us. I gave him another sad smile before teleporting away.

*****

I arrived to the roof of the warehouse needing too get away from the mess of a life I had, I was feeling the cold breeze of the night, and still . Unexpectedly I saw Aura siting on the railing of the roof, looking at the ground underneath. As I walked closer to her I could see a trial of blood, I carefully walked closer too her. She shifted her head my direction as if too say to knew I was there, but no words came out.

When I was finally next to her I saw that she was holding someones heart in her hand. I slowly started to back away before she said "I'm not going to hurt you Mark... You're the one person in my life I won't hurt,"

"Who was it?" I asked in a stern calm tone, but inside I was very afraid of what might happen next.

She looked down at the heart she was clutching; moments later she used a preservation type spell to keep the heart from rotting anymore, and sent it away somewhere.

Oh, my.... She killed her own sister for her magic. And she's keeping the heart as some sort of trophy?

But if Aura is.....

I don't know what came over me, but seeing someone's heart in her hand did something too me. I went into this panic like state and I couldn't think, but I knew my safe haven was no longer save. I slowly backed away from her and once I was out for enough I instantly teleported away.

My only thought was Jack, I needed to make sure he was save and well, so without warning him, I teleported in grabbed his arm and teleported him with me. There was only one place I knew that Aura could find me.

I went back to the cave by the runes tugging Jack by his arm; he seemed confused but didn't resist. Once we entered the forest I let go of my tightening grip on him and just carefully lead him with me.

"Where are we going Mark?" he asked me, but I didn't answer. I knew he could feel his magic and powers disappearing, but I still remained silent.

He surprisingly took the hint and stayed silent all the way until we reached out destination. When we reached the cave entrance, I turned my necklace off for a moment believe using my dark magic, which came easily to me now, on the entrance. We shadowed jumped in and I turned my necklace back on.

By now I've let go of Jack completely and he was just following me down the tunnels. When we finally reached the computers he seemed to look surprised. I shot him a glance of confusion before he explained "We've been aware of a backup information storage space that was created by your father, but whenever we try to track it's activity or find the right IP, we're always lead to nothing. Who would have know that it would just be a computer with 2 propped up screens and everything else was on paper..."

"So why'd you bring me here?" Jack asked after I found us chairs to sit in.

"Earlier. Was it a serge of unknown power that kind of woke you up? Or did you feel anything?" I asked back so I could be able to test a theory.

"Yea.... I felt some kind of intense distress emotion, and my chest was in pain before the emotion faded," He responded to my question.

"You alright?" I asked as I scooted my chair closer to him.

"Yes, I'm fine," He replied to me.

I leaned back on my chair taking a deep breath before turning on the computers. I had totally forgotten that last time I was here, I was searching for files on Jack's old team, it was on the Sean Mcloughlin file, when it suddenly hit me.

"You're the him... the boy who killed his parents..." I said as I had a mild headache before remembering something and continuing, "we met once... On the street.. You complimented my hair and... You asked me for a colour, just a random colour for you hair..." I said as I continued to rub my forehead because of that mild headache I had.

"Why'd you kill your parents?" I asked stepping closer to him and before he could even say anything,

"They hated me Mark... After they found out I had dark magic, they-y wanted me dead. It was self defence," he replied to me strangely calm.

"If it makes you feel any better... Me and Cassidy was sent too kill them the same day... Either way they would have died," I told him before thinking and choosing my words carefully.

"Mark... That doesn't make me feel any better about killing my parents," he said back to me

"Maybe not.. But I do know something that will make you feel better," I said as I closed to gap between us, he gave me a mischievous grin before I started to kiss him, he started to walk backwards as if to find support. Before we knew it, we were leaning against the wall. I decided to teleport us to the small bedroom that was in the cave, it was made for extended research nights, but since no one ever researched here much anymore, it was free for the using.

I pulled out of our make out session to push him on the bed, he looked at me with lustful eyes as he took his shirt off. I did the same, but I also took my pants off; today was a good day to go commando. Jack saw what was to come and followed suit by taking the rest of his clothes off. We gave each other a moment, before he grabbed my arm to pull me closer.

The rest of the night, was natural bliss.