~Chapter 18~ The Strange With Blue Eyes

~Flashback~

"Mother, why do you stay with father even though he's done horrible things?" I asked her full of curiosity.

"Because I love him, honey. One day you'll find someone like that, and you will understand," I said to me with a hint of sadness at this time.

"I hope so..." I said giving her a small smile and getting up.

"But you have to know Mark, your father wasn't always like this... He was a kind man, just as you will be. He just lost his way," She said smiling as she hugged me.

I walked out of the gardens and decided to go into the city. Since I always wore a mask when I did my kills no one actually knew who I was. I put some headphones in and started to mindlessly walk, I was in the middle of getting into a song when I accidentally bumped into someone and knocking them over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said as I was helping him up.

"That's alright, little bit of my fault too. Wasn't paying any attention either," he responded clearly a little shaken from falling,

I chuckled before finally looking at him, and I think at that moment time stopped around us.

"Cool red on your hair," he commented on my hair clearly seeing I was staring a little.

"Yea, I get it done at this salon every month. It think it actually quite suits me, maybe you should get it done too, just to see," I recommend to him.

"And what colour would I have?" He questioned seeming interested.

"Hmmmm, be fun and go with green. Neon green," I said after thinking of a random colour.

"Maybe," He said clearly amused by the colour I chose.

"It was nice meeting you..." I said as I turned to begin walking away.

"Sean," he said with a nod before walking in the other direction.

I continued to walk in my direction thinking about those mesmerizing blue eyes. I didn't even really see how he looked like, but I would always remember those eyes.

~Flashback End~

The following day I got the team together and informed them of our mission. I was just like the mission before but now, instead of retrieving information, it's become a rescue mission.

"Since Mark has magic now, we can go with how we planned it." Bob said as he opened up the map to Crista Obumbratio.

"This school has been open for a very long time," Bob continued.

"There could be old tunnels. We could most likely sneak in without setting off any alarms" Wade added up out loud.

"Yes. My guess is that the head of Crista Obumbratio is going to 'talk' to Jack somewhere in the school, since it would be the least suspicious place for them to meet up," Bob said to the group.

"Her name is Amber Richards, she's the infamous sister of Aura. We need to be careful of her. She's not only the head of Crista Obumbratio but she's also the founder of Tenebris. The group that we've been trying to neutralize for quite a while now," I said sharing all the information I knew about Amber.

Aura never talked about her, but I could tell something happened between them after my father died.

"Then we need to be extremely careful not to get caught." Tyler pointed out as if we didn't already know.

"Okay. First we have to find out if these tunnels exist," I said to the rest of the team.

Immediately Bob changed into his electric form and went into the system. Now it was just Wade, Tyler and I.

"I'll go make sure all our equipment is ready," Tyler said before walking out of the room.

I decided to sit on the couch that was in the room, relax for a moment before what seemed like the beginning of a new war.

"We'll save him," Wade said sitting next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder to try to reassure me.

"I know. That's not what I'm worried about... There's going to be w-" I said before getting cut off.

"War," Cassidy said walking in to the control room and finishing what I was going to say.

"War? But that shouldn't be able to happen... Headmaster and the boss of Tenebris have a treaty in place," Wade said now somewhat concerned most likely by the thought of another war arising.

"I don't think that's going to be the thing that saves us," Cassidy said while giving me a look.

I raised my eyebrow at her for moment not understanding what she meant, but instantly I realized what she wanted to do.

"No," I sternly said to her.

"I'm not going to risk losing control of him," I continued to say.

I saw Cassidy give me a little scuff before saying "Well then I'm no help to you now," then turning around and speeding away.

"She's a handful..." Wade jokingly commented.

"Yea.." I responded before getting up from the couch.

"I'll see you later Wade," I said teleporting away before he could respond.

I was at my thinking place again. I seemed to come here quite often now. I laid myself down and stared at the sky, feeling the wind on my face and seeing the sky darken and the stars starting to appear. I let out a deep breath before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.