~Chapter 11~ Old Friends Made Anew

It's been three days since Cassidy came back, I introduced her to Aura and got her set up with her own room. I've been helping Cassidy settle down, so I haven't even seen Jack as of late. I heard him and Bob had become quite buddy buddy. I guess my absence has lead to new friendships to bloom.

"So that roommate of yours, what's his name again?" She asked me as we were having coffee at the nearest coffee shop, to catch up on each other's lives.

"Oh, Jack? Why do you ask?" I responded caught off guard since she was never the type to ask questions about me, it was usually more about her.

"Just with the things you've told me about him... It doesn't add up. Why would someone choose to not use all their powers?" I stated in a questioning manner.

"It doesn't matter. He's my problem, not yours. Anyways where else do you want to see before I finally give you the grand tour of the school?" I asked her trying to stray her away from talking about Jack.

"Why are you getting so defensive when I mention him? Unless... Mark, are you falling for him?" She questioned me in a mild concerned tone.

"I always did like the danger of the unknown." I simply replied.

"Well, if anything at least it's not someone from that new villain organization" She said seeing that I desperately didn't want to talk about.

"Yea, I suppose you're right" I say to her with a small smile on my face.

"Well! Let's go to that school I'll be 'learning from'" she said with air quote around the learning from part.

I gave her a little playful eye roll before grabbing her and teleporting us to a few door away from the control room. I saw Bob walking my direction and I waved him hello before walking to towards him.

"Hey Mark!" He said happily as he came closer to us, we were now just outside the control room door.

"Hey, Bob. So, any new developments?" I asked him knowing there most likely wasn't any.

"No. But we'll get some soon enough, and when that happens we can finally initiate the plan." He responded.

"Oh! And who's this over here?" Bob asked now turning his attention towards Cassidy.

"Cassidy Maples. An old friend of Mark's, and now a student at this school" Cassidy introduced herself to Bob and extending her hand to shake his hand.

"Well I would love to chat but unlike Mark, I actually have important matters to attend t-" Bob said before getting interrupted by someone walking out of the command centre room.

I saw that it was that Jack walked out, he gave me a look.

Bob really needs to be less trusting, we barely know him and he's in one of the most important rooms in the entire school.

"Camera's are boring to look at," he said with a clearly bored expression.

"It's okay Jack. You can go now. But, did anything happen?" Bob asked with a slight chuckle.

"Ahhh no suspicious stuff if that's what you're asking. A lot of boring stuff though," Jack responded, making Bob laugh again. 

"I need a coffee that was so boring." Jack mumbled.

"Okay. Well, talk later kiddo," Bob said. Jack actually smiled and gave a slight wave before finally turning to me and Cassidy.

"Hey Mark and ah...," he said trailing off before her name, since her probably didn't know her.

"Cassidy, pleasure to meet you, Jack was it?" She asked in response with a sly smile on her face, clearly indicating she knew more then what meets the eye.

He simply nobbed ( ;D) and shook her hand before saying a farewell a casually heading down the hall.

I tried to read his mind to see what he was thinking at the moment, but all I saw was his immediate almost drug addict need for coffee.

After he was gone I turned to Cassidy and looked at her with on eyebrow raised.

"Really? The smirk. Do you want to make it anymore obvious." I playfully complained.

"He's a cute one" She slyly responded with a bigger smirk on her face.

I gave her a playful disapproving head shake before finally starting to walk around the school and giving her the tour.

*****

When the tour was finally over me and Cassidy started to head back to new apartment. We decided to walk because we wanted some fresh air. Once we were there I saw that she was living alone, just like I was before Jack came along.

"It's so empty" I said seeing that there was no furniture anywhere in her apartment.

"Well that's what happens when I've only been in here for 2 fucking days mark" she retaliated with her sassy voice.

"Just making an observation" I defended myself and putting up my hands showing I surrender to her comment.

"Next time you're here I'll make sure this place is furnished." She said to me after rolling her eyes.

"Well, I just wanted the make sure you came safe" I said to her in low voice as I started towards the door.

She gave me a silent goodbye, I gave her a look of longing with a sad smile before teleporting home.

When I arrived the light in Jack's room was already off, so I just assumed that he went to bed.

I walked to my room and opened my door seeing the one thing I've been hoping to see since I woke up. My lovely bed, I threw myself onto it. All the nights of not getting enough sleep had finally caught up with me, because within seconds I was out like a light.