~Chapter 3~ Can't Be Trusted

We went back home after introducing Jack to everyone and showing him the school. I was contemplating if I was going to turn him in, one side of me said to follow the rules and to be done with it, but the other side of me wanted to give him a chance and see what his motive was before taking action. I was torn, but in the end I decided against my better judgement and not do anything.

"When does school start anyways?" Jack asked me pulling out of my thoughts,

I had put up my barriers to make sure he couldn't read what I was thinking, and I could see that I was annoying him,

"We start tomorrow," I responded simply

"I don't know if I'm ready....." He said in a timid voice

"I'm sure you will do fine, don't worry about it," I reassured him as I started for my room,

"What do we do now?"

"Well I have to meet with someone, so you can do whatever you want"

"What? No tour of the city?" he asked sarcastically,

"Good to see you're finally opening up; but not today, maybe another time" I answered surprised he actually had humour,

"Alright......" he said with a tiny hint of sincere sadness in his voice,

"Be good,"

"I'm not a dog Mark,"

I let out a tiny chuckle before teleporting away.

****

I appeared on the roof of an abandoned warehouse where the headmaster first found me in a state of madness; it was the perfect training spot for us. No one knew of it, and it was far away enough that I didn't harm anyone. It was the place I go to think undisturbed.

I leaned against the cement railing of the roof, looking up at the sky and zoning out.

  Why would Jack lie about his powers? I really hope he has a valid reason to do so.

"You're always thinking," The headmaster said to me softly,

"I wouldn't be me if I wasn't,"

"How's your new roommate?" she asked as she sat next to me and crooked her head at me.

"Hiding something,"

"Aren't we all.."

"Don't go philosophical on me Aura..."

"All I'm saying is give the boy a chance. You shouldn't over investigate everyone Mark"

"Did you come here to talk to me or to help me train?" I asked desperately trying to change the subject.

Aura let out a sigh before standing up and getting into position.

****

After hours of vigorous training, it finally ended and I finally got to go home. First, I went to cafe to When I teleported home, I immediately walked into my room; people always wonder why I teleport away in front of my door, but that's because when I teleport back, it's more convenient.... Actually that's a lie, I just like to confuse people. Any who I went in and collapsed on my bed almost instantaneously. I used the force from my sound waves to close the door before drifting off to a deep relaxing sleep.