~Chapter 10~ Memories Of A Killer

~Flashback~

I was running through the woods for training while Cassidy was still in school. I hated how father made her his little errand girl; always doing his bidding.... Me on the other hand was never enrolled in that villain school because all he wanted me to become was a warrior. 'His perfect soldier.' I had no choice in this, but what can I do when my father too caught up with trying to win this war against the sisters.

I finally snapped out of my thoughts when I came to a blocked cave in the deepest part of the woods. I placed my hand on the stone, and used my magic to go in, recently my magic has started to turn a darker shade. Which gave me the new ability to shadow jump any where, it was kind of like teleporting but it was a lot easier to use.

Once I was in I started to walk to the end of the cave. When I finally got there I saw a file on the work station that was put in here. The cave was a nice place to relax, no training, nobody to tell me what to do, just me and silence.... But the file means I had a new mission from father. I loved missions, it meant I got to kill, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it... But I knew it wasn't right, so I refrained from doing it as much as I could. I opened my folder to read about my mission, I am to go with Cassidy to a small house in the suburbs to kill a couple. They have apparently committed treason again my father, and are to be kill for it. I continued to look through the file to see that they had a son, he was about my age and he was still going to a neutral magic school, one that doesn't teach you about either. But instead teaches you the basics of knowing how to use your standard set of powers. I mean it's kind of stupid that how they have these schools, but who am I to talk... I don't even attend school.

I put down the file and I started for the rock blocking the entrance. Once I reached the rock I did the same thing I did when going in, but instead I was going out. When I was out, I looked at the trees and I took a deep breath before taking a slow walk in the direction of the way I came.

*****

I waited for Cassidy to come out of her last class, I could see some of the girl students in the villain school give me quick glances before looking away. But that all stopped once Cassidy walked out and came towards me.

"We have a mission," I said to her once she was close enough.

"Yes! It's been so long since I've had a good kill!" she excitedly says.

"It's in the suburbs, apparently this couple committed treason against my father," I explained to her as we started walking away from the school.

"Details about the couple?" she asked.

"All I was given was a last name and an address. But the couple does have a son that we will probably have to take in after the death of the parents, since we want to make it look like an accident," I responded

"I don't think we will have to, if they live in the suburbs. He is probably going to have extended family or something, rich people always do," she said trying to reassure me, even though I didn't need it.

"I hope you're right..." I said back in a fake unsure tone just to not make her feel stupid by assuring me when she didn't need too.

"So what the last name?" she asked with a hint of curiosity.

"Mcloughlin," I responded casually.

*****

We got prepared and I teleported us to a block away from the address of the house. Cassidy and I were just discussing how to approach the couple. By the time we got to the house, we saw that it was absolutely covered in dark magic.

"I guess someone else wanted them dead," I said as I approached the house,

"Two bodies... Confirmed dead," she stated after scanned the area with her glasses.

"That's really dark magic... Who ever did this was either in an extreme state of emotional stress, or they were extremely powerful," I said after examining the magic that was still lingering around the house.

"Sean...." An unknown voice female said from behind us,

I turned around ready to blast the hell out of them, but once I saw that it was just a normal girl I stopped myself.

"You knew this family?" I questioned her now interested in what she was about to say.

"Yea... The boy that lived here was a friend of mine..." she replied with a tone of sadness in her voice.

"Where is he now?" Cassidy asked,

"I don't know, after the magic started to surround the house, I saw Sean leave..."

"Oh... I see. Thank you so much for telling us, we'll be leaving momentary" I said to her faking a genuine looking smile.

She softy smiled back and walked away.

"Something tells me we won't be seeing the last of that boy" Cassidy says with a bit of worry in the tone of her voice.