Thirteen: The Unplanned and Unexpected

When Brandon got home later that night back to his apartment, he had millions of thoughts flooding his mind. Why did Katy try and hit on him, he knew she had a past of alcoholism and having a reputation of many boyfriends, but he didn't know what he did that would have made her want him in that sort of way. She was nearly thirty years old and was like a mother to Brandon. The confused actor lay on his bed and thought about Mila, something about the way she laughed and how she would stop laughing if he told her about what had happened that night. 

When Zeke  got home after a night-shift with Sammi, he saw Mila wrapped up in a warm blanket wearing baggy clothes in front of the TV watching gossip shows. She looked sick as if she hadn't slept in hours. She looked at them and said "hey". 

"Sleep" Sammi said, she walked over to her sister-to-be-in-law and felt Mila's temperature "are you alright?"

Mila shook her head and said "I've been vomiting and feeling tired". 

"I'll grab some anti-biotics" Zeke said walking over into the kitchen. 

Mila felt ill, she had been feeling sick for a while now. She knew that there was a possibility of being pregnant. Something she didn't want to think about. Zeke thought she was a virgin, and she planned on keeping it that way since she had lost her virginity to Brandon that night. Something about it kept her grounded. She knew the differences between reality and dreams now that she was with him.

Brandon woke up that morning and texted Mila- Hey babe, next to talk... your place? 

Sure, she replied back. 

Mila knew she had to somehow get a pregnancy test delivered to her. Luckily, the chemist was just down the street, and Zeke and Sammi had decided to go run some errands. When she bought the test she felt the stabbing guilt in her stomach. She couldn't be pregnant. Brandon had used a condom. Did he?

When Brandon walked into the apartment, the first thing he noticed that the house was empty and way too quiet. He walked over to the bench and noticed a box that had been opened, a pregnancy test, and next to that, a used pregnancy test. 

Positive.