Fifteen: Hawaii

Mila knew that Hawaii was one of the most beautiful things about America, when she got on that plane she was choosing the best place. She felt ill as she flew in that plane, every time she looked out the window she thought of Brandon, he didn't have to know about the baby. After all it was her body. She would chose what she was going to do with it. It, the word made her quiver in her seat. 

When she landed in the paradise, she loved it. She straight away found herself a decent hotel and began to look online for abortion clinics. She needed a quick and easy escape. And nobody was going to stop her. 

"Hi my name is Mila Jordan, I was wondering if I could book an appointment with a doctor" she said, she was pacing on the balcony of her hotel room. It was the second day of her being in Hawaii, she found a reliable clinic and had everything planned out. 

When she arrived at the abortion clinic, she felt like she was making a mistake, she clutched the cardigan around her waist and took a breath as she walked into the doctors office. A dark skinned woman sat there looking at Mila, she smiled and said "how may I help you?"

"Hi, I was wondering if I could get an abortion" she said, the words coming out more clearer than before. 

"Before we go into this, I need to ask some questions" the woman said, she knew the type, they would walk in there asking for abortions. They were either too young, too drug addicted, too abused at home or too scared to have the most beautiful thing God could give them. 

Mila nodded agreeing to the questions, the woman grabbed the clipboard and then asked her "how many weeks pregnant are you?"

"Two, three maybe" Mila guessed, the woman nodded and said "I have give you an ultrasound if you want so we can determine how far into the pregnancy you are in". 

"How did you become pregnant? Like rape etc". 

"I had consensual sex" she said. 

"So, it was consensual, so why do you want an abortion, was the relationship abusive?"

"No" Mila said, it was perfect she thought. 

"So why the abortion?"

"I don't want to ruin my future". 

"I wish I had a twenty every time someone said that to me" the woman said "I wouldn't be working here, I would be living the life in a 12 bedroom mansion". 

"So what do you suggest?"Mila challenged her "you're the expert". 

"God gave us women a gift, to give birth to amazing humans" she said "I supposed to help women out, but I think your a mature young lady who can go through with this". 

"What if I can't?"

"Oh trust me, you will".