Twenty One: Carrie

It was the night before the wedding, Carrie put on loose clothes to sleep in and sat on her bed twiddling with her thumbs. Her hair was bundled on the top of her head and she turned around and saw Brandon "Mila called, she's sick so she recommended another photographer". Brandon nodded and said "Carrie I need to tell you something". 

"Sure" she said thinking that it might not be serious. 

"I know Mila, before we were together" Brandon explained, Carrie nodded "how?"

"Mila and I were together" he said "remember the mystery girl I had on Instagram? That was her, she was insecure and I managed to make her... her". 

Carrie shook her head and said "how long ago was this?" her voice sour and bitter and calm all at once. 

"Two years ago". 

"Her son is two years old". 

"I know" he said, Carrie shook her head and said "so you have a son". 

"Yeah" Brandon said. 

Carrie huddled her knees close to her chest and then started to whimper "baby, don't" Brandon said, she pulled away from him and said "you knew!"

"I didn't know about it until today" he said. 

"I can't marry you". 

"What, why!?"

"Because, you have a son" she said "I want you in his life". 

"She doesn't want me in" he said. 

"We'll work it out" she said.