Eighteen: 3 days before the wedding

Mila had to show up to the rehearsal dinner to take some pictures for Carrie, since their last meeting Mila hadn't even met the husband-to-be. In her mind she pictured a very wealthy man with a nice car. He would have a big family and they were probably paying for the wedding. As Mila put on a Simple A Line Strapless Sweetheart Long Fuchsia Chiffon Ruched Evening Dress with matching red heels. Her hair was braided nicely and she looked over at Luka who was next to his babysitter. 

"Mommy will be home soon!" she said promising her son. 

Brandon put on the similar suit he had worn in 13 Reasons Why, except that he had ordered one in black. He looked in the mirror and imagined himself as a father. His own father hadn't been in the picture, and sometimes Brandon did wonder if that boy he had seen at the pool was his son. Carrie hadn't spoken about the boy, only about Mila. "She is so beautiful!" Carrie said, she walked out of the bathroom wearing a rose pink long gown. 

"Who?"

"Mila!" Carrie said "I'm very surprised she said that she would come to the rehearsal dinner". 

"She is?" Brandon asked, keeping his voice steady and calm knowing that Carrie would notice the change of tone. 

"Just to take some photos" Carrie said "also, I need to introduce you to her!"

"I can do that myself" Brandon said. 

The party was balling when Mila walked in, at least a thousand people were in the main area wearing luxurious ballgowns and tuxedos. They were either talking about exotic cars, getaways or holiday homes all the way in Germany. She didn't recognize a single face, then she noticed Carrie, she walked over and smiled perfectly "hey!!!"

"Hey!" she said, Carrie giving her a very welcoming hug. 

"You HAVE to meet my husband. He is just amazing!"

A few drinks later, Brandon was walking into the dinner, with only one intention and thought on his mind. Mila. He wanted to ask her thousands of questions, he wanted to know if that boy was his son. As he walked into the dinner, he was applauded by random people that Carrie invited to their wedding. All of her family and friends and barely of his own. Then Carrie walked over. 

"Hey, Brandon!" she said, she shuffled over and whispered into his ear "the photographer is by the bar, say hi!"

Brandon looked over and saw her, the most beautiful woman in the room.