Twenty-Three: Something in the Way

WARNING:

GRAPHIC SCENES ;) 

SONG: 

Weekends by Amy Shark 

"I just want my son" Brandon said to Carrie, she was sitting on the window sill playing on her phone. "What?" she asked. 

"She want's full custody" he explained, Carrie nodded and said to him "look I need to go to a meeting, how about you talk to her and try to meet up and settle" she said as she put on her red stilettos and grabbed her Gucci handbag "I'll be back later" and she walked out. 

Mila was living with Zeke and Sammi again with her niece, Tamara. Somehow Luka had managed to settle in easily with his new family. As Mila took her jacket off and walked into her room she saw her phone buzz, a message from Brandon, she felt her heart skip a beat as it said- Meet me at the same place we first went on a date.

Why? She typed. 

Just wanna talk. 

Brandon saw Mila walk into the restaurant wearing a black leather jacket over her white t-shirt and had a black mini skirt on with ankle boots. Her hair was down and she sat across from Brandon and asked him "what did you want to see me about?"

"I thought we could talk... without the lawyers and stuff". 

"Oh" she said, she sat across from him and straight away remembered how the night ended on their first date "how's Carrie?" she asked hoping to get her mind off that night, and the particular subject. 

"She's good" Brandon lied, every time he tried to have sex with her she became distant and it felt as though she was picturing herself with someone else. 

"So, about today, I just want to tell you that I'm not ready" she said "Luka is my son". 

"No, he's OUR son" Brandon corrected her, Mila nodded and said to him "I didn't tell you about him because I knew that it was going to get in the way of your career". 

"Right, like this case isn't getting in the way?"

"Look, Brandon. I don't know what your brain is thinking right now, but let me tell you something: I love you still, and yes it did kill me to see you with Carrie and to see her with our son. Because I'm scared of being replaced by a better version of me". 

Brandon looked at Mila, her eye about to pour out with tears "I think we need to be alone". 

Brandon's place was empty, Carrie was staying at a friends' house tonight after getting wasted. As Mila followed him he then pulled her closer to his chest with his hands and looked her in the eyes and said "I don't care about Carrie, I don't care about my career and I would never replace you. You are the love of my life and don't you ever fucking forget it" then he pushed his lips against hers, his tongue teasing her, for a moment Mila wanted to pull away, but then she let him press his body against hers. 

She felt her jacket fall off and then his hands slip from her hair to her waist, Brandon then led her without leaving her lips to his bedroom. She then slipped her shirt off and her skirt, at the same time Brandon started taking all his clothes off, as Mila slipped her lingerie off, she pulled Brandon into her neck, his hands in between her legs, cold fingers entering her. 

Mila gasped for air and then Brandon pushed her onto the bed, she watched him enter her then she felt the warmth inside her. He kept thrusting inside her, as if it were morse code telling her that he loved her....

"Fuck" she gasped, his lips sucking on the nectre of her skin then she felt her legs start to shake, he started to moan and said to her "I'm about to cum". 

"Oh god" she said, then he finished her off with two large thrusts. He then stopped and lay by her side, she gasped and panted and looked at him and said to him "now what?"

"No idea" he said.