Twenty-Four: Facing the Truth

It was nearly midnight when Mila had started to get changed, she started to wonder about what questions Zeke was going to ambush her about. It would be the same shit, where were you? Do you know what time it is? Or maybe he would be asleep now. After all, since he had become a father he was working hard and was always with his nephew and daughter most of the time. As she slipped away from the penthouse she saw Carrie in the elevator, panicking, Mila ran straightaway to the stairwell. 

"Look Brandon should be asleep by now" Carrie said as she spoke on the phone "he was out with that ex of his". 

"No, we've only been married for a year now" Carrie said "it would look suspicious". 

Mila listened in carefully, then she heard Carrie say "He doesn't know that I'm asexual. And to be honest I would rather be living alone or with friends". 

There was a moment of silence then she said "He only wants his son. And I think he should go for it". 

Then Carrie walked back inside. 

The next morning when Brandon woke up he knew that Carrie wasn't sleeping in the same bed as him, she was sleeping in the guest bedroom. He knew he was already regretting the night he had with Mila, but at the same time it felt good like nothing had changed. But the custody case was still happening and he knew that he needed to fix his marriage up before any damage could be done.