Twenty: The Day Before the Wedding

BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPER: 

Hi, so as you guys know I didn't publish anything for a while due to the fact that my love life was getting exciting. Now that love life has come to an end. 

All my past/previous stories are about how love is real and how it will get better in the end, but what if it didn't. How about for once in my life, I write about what it is really like to be in love with someone and have someone destroy it?

This chapter is going to contain the harsh reality, if you are prepared go ahead and read the rest, but if you're not ready... stop reading now. 

_____

Brandon knew that Mila had made her decision at last, he knew that one day he was going to have to face the harsh truth: Mila doesn't love him anymore. As he got up the day before his wedding he knew he was going to have to face her and talk to her. Because he knew he couldn't keep going on. 

Mila put on her casual button down blouse with a pair of shorts. Luka was at daycare and Mila was looking forward to a day all by herself. She started the day off like she would usually do- she would get Luka ready, take him to school, come home and have a healthy breakfast while watching the news. Then she would watch TV and check out social media. 

As Mila lay on the couch, she heard a car pull up. She sat up straight away and walked over to the window. There on the front of her house she saw a Range Rover, in the drivers' seat was Brandon he was about to get out of the car. She looked at her feet and then she walked over to the door and opened it and walked over to him. 

"What are you doing?" she asked him. 

"I want to talk to you, I love you" he said. 

"You're going to get married tomorrow!" Mila said, she pictured Carrie standing at the aisle a few minutes after walking down, waiting for Brandon to show up. 

"I love you more!"

"No!" she said "I don't!" 

His face went numb and he knew that it was happening right now "you're going to break up with me?"

"No!" she said "I'm leaving this unsaid because I know how this is going to end". 

"What about my son!?"

"His name is Luka" Mila said "and I can raise him". 

"What about us!?"

"What about us!?" she cried "if it didn't work out in LA, it's not going to work out here". 

"What if I left Carrie!?"

"Don't!" she croaked, her tears controlling her emotions "she may not be the one now, but she will be. The way she looks at you is the way I should have been looking at you a long time ago". 

"What are you saying?"

"Keep her". 

Then Mila walked back inside her house, with tears streaming down her face and then she smiled at the floor-

She didn't need love.