Seventeen: The First New Job

Mila knew that Luka was going to have to come with her to her first job interview in a while. She looked at her son, he had some sort of stomach bug. He was curly up in a ball on the couch in their small living room watching the News. Because Luka loved the news. As Mila put on her floral dress and heels she looked at her son and said "come on Luka, let's go!"

Luka followed his mother to the black Jeep that they had gotten a few months before, once he was buckled in his seat. He asked her "where we going?"

"Mommy has a job interview" she said "I need you to be a good little boy for me!"

"I will!" he said. 

Brandon had managed to forget about Mila, he had replaced her for one night stands and now a marriage to Carrie. He hadn't heard from her in ages, and now her brother, Zeke had a daughter. Brandon guessed that the pregnancy test belonged to Sammi before the whole disappearing act. Carrie wanted to get married in Hawaii, it was a part of her dream Hollywood wedding that she had planned on her Pinterest. 

"So, I managed to get the photographer" she said to Brandon, he nodded his head and asked her "what's her name?"

"Mila" Carrie said as she put her earrings on. 

"Right" Brandon said, he felt worry and anxiety inside of him. 

"She's really good" Carrie said "I've seen her previous work". 

"Hope she is still good" Brandon said. 

"Oh, trust me she is". 

Mila walked into the glamorous hotel lobby, Luka trailing in behind her. She looked around and walked into the pool area. There by the cabana she saw a blonde skinny woman, the type who must have had a nice thick layer of makeup on, wearing a skimpy bikini wave at her "Mila!" 

"Is that the woman?" asked Luka. 

"Yes" Mila said "just be quiet okay". 

As Mila greeted Carrie, the blonde smiled at her and said "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"Same here" Mila said "this is my son, Luka. Sorry if it was unprofessional of me to bring him". 

Carrie looked at him, something looked oddly familiar about him. He looked like Brandon, but didn't all Latino babies looked the same, she smiled politely and said "my fiance' is on his  way. But please sit with me we can talk about photos". 

Brandon walked out to the pool wearing a dress pants and a button down shirt, then he stopped halfway. Next to his blonde plastic barbie doll wife, was a natural and beautiful exotic goddess. She smiled and nodded when talking to Carrie, she even looked at the little boy close by and told him not to go too close to the pool. He couldn't believe it. 

He had a son.