▸ October 9th

"So, have you decided?"

Sasuke's only sighed. "Not even close." He said.

"You have one day, seriously, normally your timing is perfect," Sakura said, "But getting a birthday present last minute isn't really your thing."

"I know," He said, "I've been so busy with work and Naruto, and the pregnancy thing, and– I'm so a horrible boyfriend."

"You're a great boyfriend," Sakura said. "You'll be fine." She smiled. "Now tell me all the things you've gotten her for the last two birthdays."

"Last year, I got her a giant bear that's taller than myself. It was one hundred dollars, and when you pressed the heart in held, it yelled ramen." He said.

"Awe, that's cute."

"For the year before last, I got her a instant ramen machine. It made her happy, and it had a four year guarantee. Not only that, it was only fifty dollars."

"So I'm catching the pattern," Sakura said, "Each year, you're together, you spend fifty dollars more than you did the last year."

"I guess."

"So this year, you'll have to spend 150 for this to work," Sakura said, "What do you have in mind for this birthday?"

Silence.

"You haven't thought of anything, have you?"

"Not a damn thing," He admitted, "See? I am the worst boyfriend ever."

"No you're not."

"Every year we're together," Sasuke's said, "She's got the most perfect gifts for my birthday."

"What did she give you?"

"Uh, I don't think you want to know," He said, a slight blush evident on his face. That was enough for Sakura to know that he was right.

"You're right, I don'twant to know what you and my best friend do on your free time," She said. "Quit frankly, I think I'll live a long life if I didn't know."

He sighed. "Worst boyfriend ever."

"Wow, I've never seen you stressed before," Sakura said surprised. "This proves she's really important to you."

"I know." He said, but god voice came out a little muffled as he slammed his head repeatedly on the kitchen island.

"Sasuke, you're beating yourself up for nothing," She said. "Literally."

He looked at her.

"I'll admit, Naruto has the most perfect gifts," She admitted, "But I have the next best thing. And that's why you called me."

"You're right."

She looked at the giant clock on the wall, "I'd love to help, but I've got to go."

"Where are you going?"

"I promised I'd help Kiba with the sick and injured puppies this afternoon," She said grabbing her stuff.

"You can't leave me here! I still haven't thought of a gift yet!" He yelled.

"Then come with me," She suggested, "After I'm finished with the puppies, I'm going to a few stores. Maybe you'll find something there."

"Okay."

...

"Why'd you bring Sasuke with you?" Kiba asked as the trio entered the back rooms of the animal shelter.

"He wants to find a gift for Naruto, so I decided to take him to a few stores after this," She shrugged putting on white gloves. "Okay, where is he?"

"He's right in there." Kiba led the way to another back room, where the animal was sitting on the examination table.

Its eyes locking with Sasuke's before turning to the other two.

"Kiba, that isn't a puppy." Sakura announced.

"I know," Kiba said, "But I found it starving and hungry on the streets a few days ago, and I couldn't help but to bring him in." He said walking to the animal, and petting him softly, causing the animal to purr in appreciation.

Sakura smiled and turned to Sasuke. "He is quite cute, isn't he?" She asked Sasuke.

Meanwhile Sasuke smiled, "I think I found Naruto's birthday gift."