▸ October 10th (part three)

"A lizard?"

"No," He sighed as he parked the car. "You aren't even close."

"Man, I really thought I had it that time," She said with a pout.

He smiled, "Nope. Anyway we're here." He announced, as he watched her face light up.

"Yes! I really want to know what my present is," She said as they both got out the car and headed toward the entrance of the animal shelter.

Sasuke opened the door so Naruto could enter and then entered himself. Thought she'd probably never admit it to him due to his ego, he was such a gentlemen.

The place was pretty vacant. Though the lights were on, so someone had to be inside. "What? No ones here Sasuke." She said turning to him.

He shook his head, "Kiba! Sakura!"

A few seconds after that he got a response, "Yeah! We're back here!"

"That was Sakura's voice," Naruto said, "What's she doing here?"

"You'll find out," Sasuke said to her, capturing her hand and pulling her to the backrooms where Kiba and Sakura were located.

"This better not be some trick Sasuke, or I'll kick your butt—"

"I wouldn't trick you on your birthday," He dismissed, "Any other day, yes. But not on your birthday."

The couple walked into the back room, where they found Kiba and Sakura surrounding the precious animal.

Red orange fur covered is body in a wild unkempt frenzy, as its ears had been lifted sky high at the entry of its future owner. It's red eyes glanced at Naruto's blue ones.

"It's so cute!" Naruor said as she ran up to it, the small animal jumping into her arms. She looked at Sasuke, "What is it?"

"It's a fox," Kiba explained. "Found him on the streets a few days ago. He was so cute, I just had to take him in." He said. "I would've kept him myself, but Hinata was against the entire idea of having a fox living in her household. And I can't argue with her."

"She told me I had to find a new owner," Kiba stated, "That's where Sasuke came in."

"Since you have a weird fascination with dangerous animals," Sasuke said, "I figured a pet fox would be the perfect gift for you."

She smiled, "What about you Sakura? Why are you here?"

"Well, I was the one to make sure he didn't have any thing serious." She said, "Turns out he's clean."

"This is so sweet," Naruto smiled leaning over to kiss Sasuke on the cheek. "But I just have have one question."

"What is it?"

"I like the fox and all," She said as the fox liked her face, "But why does it have more than one tail?"

"Yeah, I wanted to ask that too." Sasuke said turning to Kiba and Sakura.

"It's a genetic mutation," Sakura explained.

"It's also very rare," Kiba said, "Seeing as the fox has... nine tails."

"I bet it's worth millions," Sakura stated.

"Can you not refer to him as it?" Naruto said.

"Well to be fair," Sasuke said, "You haven't named him yet."

"His name is Kurama," She stated. "So you guys can start calling him that." She said as the fox nuzzled closer in her arms, it's tails swinging side to side.

Sasuke had a satisfied smirk on his face. He knew this would be the perfect gift. And he was right. But he couldn't help bring up the thought in his mind.

"Right, so it won't kill us in our sleep?" Sasuke asked Kiba.

He shook his head, "It's perfectly safe. Or at least I think so."

"Wha—"

"Come on Sasuke," Naruto interrupted, "Lets go shopping for pet stuff."

"But—"

"Lets go!" She smiled taking his hand and dragging him out of the shelter.