The First Lesson

"Who's there", I scream into the dark night.

"What are YOU doing", asks Lavender Brown grumpily, her voice quite muffled from speaking into her pillow.

Apparently I have waked her up with my scream.

"Uhmm.... nothing, just go back to sleep," I whisper to not wake up anyone else as well.

"I WOULD if you stop talking", snaps Lavender, but she finally went to sleep again.

I stare deep in the night but still couldn't find the source of the voice I heard. The one who spoke is probably already gone.

Still with the voice in my head I lie down in my bed and fall asleep. It lasted a while before the darkness of deep sleep grabbed me.

The next morning I wake up and get myself ready for breakfast.

As usual I waited for Harry and Ron to come with me.

"Good morning 'Mione", the boys say in a sleepy way. Probably still tired or just lazy.

"Good morning boys, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, it feels good to be back", says Harry.

I smile and say: "Come on, sleepheads, we need to hurry with our breakfast to be on time in Potions."

Together with the other Gryffindors and Slytherins they wait for the Potionsclassroom until the professor opens the door.

"Welcome students in your sixth year, I am Professor Slughorn."

"Where is Professor Snape", asks Pansy Parkinson with that irritating, high pitched, nearly shrieking voice.

Ohh, I hate her voice so much.

"Professor Snape has now a new function as Professor Defence against the Dark Arts."

Ron whispers to Harry and me: "I hope the curse on that job still works."

Harry grins but I give him a slap against his arm.

"That is not funny, Ronald!", I whisper to him in a snapping tone.

Then, after making sure Ron feels bad for his behaviour(which he probably just pretends, but I don't want to waist more time on his behaviour of a boy of 5 years old), I decide to listen to the instructions of our new professor. 

Professor Slughorn ordered us to brew Skeletone.

"For Madam Pomfrey. The Quidditch season is coming and the Skeletone is nearly out of storage", says Slughorn.

I grab my Potionsbook when I saw it was not the same as I got from Diagon Alley.