Arriving at the Manor

Dumbledore didn't change my name to Riddle, but I simply didn't care about it.

Maybe it's better that nobody knows, now she can go in silence and be together with her father.

I didn't know why I was so easy with my dad and with him killing my mother.

Maybe I was happy to finally know the truth, so happy that I didn't care about anything he had done?

"Hermione!", Harry screams to me.

"Huh, sorry, what did you say Harry?", I ask him, confused.

"Where are you with your head?", Ron asks.

"Sorry boys, it won't happen again."

Or at least I will try to not let it happen again, but that I didn't say out loud.

"Well, I said that we go to the Burrow, will you come with us?".

Damn, I wanted to spent the break with my dad and my new 'family', if I can call them that.

On that moment I thought about a great lie:

"Sorry guys, but I'm going on a vacation with my parents."

Perfect! Great lie Hermione!

I see on the look on their faces they believe me.

It was sad but necessary to lie to them.

They would have tried to get me away from my father!

"Well, that is not nice but you need to have time with your family of course," Harry says with understanding, what makes it more difficult to keep lieing.

"I'll send you your Christmas presents on time, don't worry," I say with laughter. 

Not much time later the train arrives and I get my trunk out of the train.

I see the Malfoys gesturing to my direction and I look around me if it could be someone else.

I note that it must be me so I walk towards them.

Narcissa smiles to me so I smile shyly back.

"The Dark Lord asked us to bring you with us, are you ready Hermione?", Lucius asks with a nice face to me.

Draco talks with Blaise Zabini.

Lucius calls out for them and I look at them, not understandig what was going on.

Narcissa says to me:

"Blaise is staying in Malfoy Manor as Draco's guest, he knows about you."

Blaise smiles widely at me and I smile shyly back.

Why do I always have to blush when I feel uncomfortable and awkward?

Blaise and Draco smirk at me.

We Apparate to the Manor. Finally I could gasp at the beauty of the Manor.

Narcissa smiles at me again:

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"It is amazing," I say breathlessly.