Revenge

The first thing Morgana was aware of was the flickering of lights. Then hurried footstep, and then voices. Her eyelids fluttered and she opened her eyes to see Emma pacing up and down. "Emma?" Morgana whispered, her voice croaky. Em spun around and saw her. "Morgana!"

         She rushed over to the bed, where Morgana was trying to get up. "Where am I?" She asked. Emma looked a little uncomfortable. "The hospital wing." Suddenly everything came flooding back. Shafiq and Malfoy plaguing them, getting in a duel with Malfoy, him hitting her with some sort of curse. She groaned. "That means he won the duel them!" She whinged. Emma burst out laughing. "Morgana, have you seen what he did to you? And you're worried about losing a duel!"

Emma's words sparked panic inside Morgana. "What do you mean? Em, what's happened to me?" She demanded. Emma lifted up the bed sheet to show Morgana her leg, bound in blood-stained dressings and looking limp and broken. Morgana gasped out loud. "What in the name of Merlin's left eyebrow did he do?" Emma shook her head. "Some sort of curse. You lost a lot of blood, Morgana. You were knocked out for a few hours of blood loss. I brought you up here and Madam Pomfrey told me to stay. She didn't know how to heal it, nothing would work. So she assumed it was some sort of dark curse and-" Emma stopped, looking a little awkward. Morgana sighed. "And what, Em?"
"And we had to contact the Auror Department at the Ministry."

Morgana looked horrified. "But then that means-" she shook her head in disbelief. "Yes." Emma confirmed. "Harry's here. He arrived about an hour ago, while you were still out, and checked out the wound. He said hi, but I didn't really get talking to him much. He looked very serious, though."

As if on cue, Morgana's godfather walked into the Hospital Wing at that very moment and straight down to her bed. "You're up, then?" He stated. Morgana nodded. Harry turned to Em. "Emma, you don't mind if I talk to Morgana for a moment?" Emma nodded and left the room quickly, winking at Morgana on her way out the door.

Harry looked at Morgana and sighed. "What am I going to do with you?" Morgana shrugged, wincing slightly as her left leg ached. "That's the question." Harry raised his eyebrows slightly. "No, Morgana, the question is, who did this to you?" He demanded. Morgana squirmed slightly. She didn't want to give Malfoy the satisfaction or let Harry know that she had been beaten by him.

       "No one did this to me," she lied. "I accidentally fell out of a tree by the black lake and cut my leg." Harry raised his eyebrows. "No you didn't. I recognise those wounds. That was-" he faltered a little. "That was a curse which I haven't come across in years. Someone used Sectumsempra against you and I'm going to find out who it was," Harry told her in a quiet but determined voice.

Morgana breathed a deep sigh in defeat. "Fine. I may have got in a duel." "With who?" Harry asked suspiciously. "Does it really matter?" Morgana sighed, but she could tell be the look on his face that it did. "It was Abraxas Malfoy, wasn't it?" Harry inquired. Morgana nodded, looking down.

Harry stood up quickly, looking furious. "Right, where can I find him? I'll contact his cousin, Draco, and see if I can find out from him where Abraxas may have learnt a curse like that. And I'll go and fetch Minerva and-" Morgana interrupted him mid-rant. "No!" She cried in horror. "You can't! Harry, please, don't do anything. Just let me walk out of here with my head held high, and let me walk into Transfiguration tomorrow and give him an evil stare. Harry, that's all I want to do."

        Harry sighed. "Fine. I'm still letting Draco know what happened, but I won't report it to the ministry. But Morgana, I need you to promise me something." He looked very serious. Morgana nodded. "Morgana, you are passionate and headstrong and brave to the point of recklessness. And there are lots of things and people that you care a lot about and will jump to defend. Morgana, at Hogwarts, that's what gets you in trouble. And as an auror, that's what gets you killed. I need you to promise me something that my godfather made me promise him. Don't do anything rash." Morgana sighed and he raised his eyebrows. "Morgana please!" She sighed  again, heavily. "I promise!"

         But Harry didn't see her cross her fingers behind her back.

      Morgana Black? Not do anything rash? Yeah right! Malfoy may have won the battle, but no way was he winning the war. It was time for revenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         It was only after three days that Madam Pomfrey even considered letting Morgana out of the hospital wing. The perfect amount of time to plan an amazing prank for Malfoy. She wanted to embarrass him in front of his friends, do something to really annoy him. She had a whole team on board to help her - Emma, of course, Peeves, Teddy, Scarlett Cross, and Tina Accrington-Goldstein, a Slytherin girl in their year who Emma had befriended. Alright, she was a Slytherin, but Morgana had to admit she was nice. And, it was great having a cunning, resourceful Slytherin on her side. Plus, Tina hated couldn't stick Malfoy.

         The day Morgana was finally allowed out of the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey bound her leg in bandages tightly and told her to keep it like that for a while - even though the bleeding had stopped days ago. Morgana limped out of the infirmary and upstairs towards the Gryffindor Common Room. It was first thing on a Friday morning, and she approached the Fat Lady a little gingerly. "Statim Vindicata." Emma had been telling her the passwords every time she visited.

         The portrait swung open and Morgana attempted to swing her leg through the hole. In the end, she flung herself through and landed on her belly, sliding through like a snail. She then pulled herself up and limped up the stairs towards the girls' dorms.

         The moment she pushed the door open and stepped into the room, she was greeted by Emma rushing to her and flinging her arms around her. "Morgana! You're out!" Their hug was soon joined by Scarlett, who was still in the middle of brushing her hair. Grace bounded over and hugged her too, her ginger hair still wild and bushy. Michelle simply sniffed, straightened her tie and left the room.

          Morgana rolled her eyes. "Here, I'll get ready quickly and we can all go down for breakfast together." She got a shock when she stood in front of the mirror. Her hair was wilder than ever, her face extremely pale, and the normal sparkle only just returning to her dark eyes. She quickly pulled on her uniform and used some Sleakeazy's hair potion on her hair. It immediately fell into loose, shiny curls over her shoulders. "I love being a witch," Morgana sighed in contentment. She put on some makeup to cover her pale complexion and the newly gained cut on her cheek, and pulled a sock over her injured leg to hide it. Then, grabbing her satchel from her bed, she left the dorm, the other three following in her wake. "Let's go make Malfoy wish he never messed with me," she muttered under her breath, her normal mischievous grin returning to her face.