Surprise

Warning - This chapter gets kinda dark. Don't read if you don't want to. (Btw it's no worse than the original books)

            The party was in full swing before eight o'clock. The house elves had been good to them, making copious amounts of sandwiches and sausage rolls and cupcakes. Emma had retrieved a large box of Every Flavour Beans and put them in a bowl, setting them on the table. There were countless bottles of butterbeer, and one bottle of firewhisky to split between the team.

           Music blared through the magically modified radio. The Weird Sisters was on, but Morgana ran upstairs to grab the box of old tapes she had bought for her fourteenth birthday.

         Not two minutes later, Queen was blaring through the speakers, and she was dancing with Simon Patterson to "Don't Stop Me Now". Then, Emma requested "We are the Champions", and the Gryffindor team had a ball jumping up and down and yelling along to the music.

          At about ten o'clock, Mark McGuire came rushing over to where the team were standing and cleared his throat apprehensively. "Um... Emma Fortis? There's someone outside wants to talk to you."

          Emma looked at them all and gave a confused shrug, before following Mark back towards the portrait hole.

         A moment later, there came an excited shriek, and everyone looked towards the portrait hole as it swung open.

         "It's Johnny Fortis!" Someone yelled, as Johnny himself stepped through.

        Scarlett let out a squeal of delight, and ran over to throw her arms around her boyfriend. "Johnny!"

         "John Fortis is back!" The rumour was rippling throughout the common room now.

          Morgana threw her arms around Johnny. "You alright?" She asked him.

        He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. The healers reckon I've had enough rest, so I'm back for the last few weeks of summer term. And what a day to come back! You've just won the quidditch final! Well done, everyone."

         There was another cheer at his words.

       "Why didn't you write! You could have told me you were coming back," Scarlett said indignantly.

        "Sorry, babe, I just thought you'd like the surprise."

        She flushed and smiled. "Well, I suppose it was a nice surprise."

________________________________

           With a glance at the clock, Morgana noticed that it was after half past ten. She quickly excused herself and slipped out into the corridor to meet up with Abraxas. However, when she emerged into the corridor, the Slytherin boy was nowhere to be seen.

         Odd, she thought. He seems like the type of guy who's never late for anything.

          She waited in the corridor for about ten minutes, and then turned with a sigh to go back into the common room. Something stopped her though. She remembered how anxious he had looked after the quidditch match, and couldn't help but wonder if something was badly wrong. So, barely knowing why she was doing it, Morgana turned around and began running down the stairs towards the Slytherin Common Room.

________________________________

             Abraxas looked up at the clock. It was about twenty past ten. He pulled himself up off the sofa, ready to go and see Morgana. The common room was deserted, and the only place he had been able to feel safe for a few hours now.