Alice Elphick

Emma got up from the sofa. "Um...why do you want to talk to me?" Alice looked her up and down. "Are you alright, then?" Morgana and Emma looked at each other. "Yes?" Em replied slowly. Alice sighed, seeming relieved. "Oh, that's a good thing! It's just, I saw you scream, and I thought you might be hurt."

          The two Gryffindors looked at each other, trying to make sense of Alice's words. "But - how did you see that?" Emma stuttered in disbelief. "And - how did you find us up here that quickly? That was only about twenty minutes ago! Did you follow us?" Alice shook her head quickly. "Oh no, it's just, I saw you'd scream about and hour ago, and I thought you might be in danger."

Morgana and Emma looked at each other questioningly. "What?" Morgana asked finally, utter incomprehension written on her face. Emma looked straight into Alice's dreamy blue eyes. A moment later she stumbled back, looking shocked. "Impossible," she muttered. She looked up at Morgana. "I can't read her."

Morgana looked at Alice in excitement. "You're an occlumens? Cool! Teach me!" Emma slapped her in the arm. "Why would you want to use occlumency against me? It's useful, legillimemcy. And no, not an occlumens. It's just..." she tailed off and looked straight at Alice. "Your head's all full of everything!"

Morgana felt confused. "How'd you mean?" She asked. Emma shook her head, her eyebrows raised a mile. "Just like I said. Alice, why can't you concentrate on anything in particular?" Alice laughed a tinkling laugh. "Sorry, I should have told you. I'm a seer."

Em sat down heavily, clutching her head as though it wasn't working right. "Wait - you're a what now?" Morgana cried. Alice shrugged. "Seer. I can see the future. Sort of. Most of the time." Morgana looked at her. "Very reliable. Alright then, you're a seer. So, what's going to happen tomorrow?" She asked. Alice stared at her. "Happen to who?" Morgana shrugged. "Just - what is going to happen?"

Em sighed. "It doesn't work like that Morgana," she explained in an exasperated voice. She stood up and looked in Alice's eyes again. "Alice, can you just concentrate on one thing?" Alice nodded uncertainly. A second later Emma stepped back, looking a little uncomfortable. "Nothing?" Morgana questioned. Em shook her head. "Everything."

They made Alice a cup of tea and sat down on the sofa to talk. "So how does this happen to you?" Morgana asked. "Is it like me? Genetic?" Emma sighed again. "Bad example. You're not normal, you're just lucky." Morgana laughed. "Oh right. Thanks," she said sarcastically. "It's more like me, I take it?" Em asked Alice. "Born with it?" Alice nodded. "For as long as I can remember anyway."

The girls bid Alice goodnight as she slid out of the portrait hole and wandered off down the corridor to the Hufflepuff dorm, humming softly to herself. "Well," Em sighed. "That was-" "Interesting?" Morgana suggested. Emma shrugged. "I was going to say "mental" but I guess interesting will do." Morgana laughed as she pictured Alice's dreamy expression. "I don't know, she sort of reminds me of Harry's friend Luna." Emma looked up. "Who?" "Luna Scamander. I think her maiden name was Lovegood." Emma shrugged. "How are they alike?" Morgana thought for a moment. "You could say they're both - interesting."

A/N

      Helloooo! Just a short little chapter, but summer's almost here, and I plan to update loads more! Thanks soooo much for over 600 reads and 100 votes! Unreal! I love you all so much, thank you for reading my work, it means so much to me. If you have any feedback or ideas, please feel free to message me on my page or just leave a comment.

   See you soon!