The Second Battle of Hogwarts

They say the first stage of grief is denial. Maybe that's why there was silence for a minute of two, asides from the laughter of the Death Eaters, while the people of Hogwarts contemplated the news of Morgana Black's death. Then, the chaos broke out.

Harry's voice was the first to split the silence, though Morgana could barely believe it was him. He sounded like a wounded animal howling out in pain. "NOOOOO!" He cried. "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Next, Morgana heard Emma begin to scream, as Tina stepped forward to try and console her, tears streaming down her own face too. Johnny Fortis wrapped his arm around his sister's shoulders and she buried her face in his shoulder, both of them weeping furiously. Teddy Lupin sank to his knees, crying into his hands. "No," he muttered. "Please, no. Not her. Please."

Morgana so badly wanted to leap up, to shout that she was alright, she was alive. She made to stand, her face contorted with pain, but Abraxas grabbed her shoulder and pulled her down roughly. "No!" He hissed sharply. "Do you want to die?"

Neville Longbottom was still trying to hold Harry back, but was crying as he did so. Finally, Minerva McGonagall stepped forward. "Is this true?" She asked Lestrange, her voice trembling. Lestrange smirked cruelly. "Why yes, Minerva. Black is dead. She died at my hand, less than an hour ago, as she attempted to escape from Hogwarts. She died begging for mercy, begging that I take Hogwarts instead and leave her alive."

To Morgana's relief, there were several shouts of "LIAR!" from all directions. But McGonagall did not speak. Instead, she drew her wand and began to fire spells at lightning speed. Lestrange blocked them all as quick as she fired them, before disarming her swiftly. Lestrange pointed his wand at the Headmistress' chest, while all of Hogwarts held their breath.

"I swear, Rodolphus," McGonagall snarled. "If you harm one hair on any of my students' heads, I will fight to kill." Lestrange simply laughed at her. "Such a pity, seeing as I'll be the one doing the killing. AVADA K-"

"NO!"

Rodolphus Lestrange almost dropped his wand as Morgana Black leapt out of the bushes at a ferocious speed. "Now you've done it," Abraxas Malfoy groaned from beside her. Lestrange stared in shock at Morgana as she skirted around the bushes and into the courtyard.

The effect was like a ripple - all the Death Eaters gasped loudly and suddenly all of the D.A was cheering and screaming. Emma was on her feet, her hand clapped over her mouth in surprise. Teddy looked gobsmacked and stood quickly, staring at her. All the Professors seemed to sigh in relief at the same time. Lestrange seemed in denial. He flicked his wand, and suddenly the entirety of the DA and the Order were frozen to the spot, unable to do anything as he prowled towards her like a hungry wolf, the Death Eaters staring on in disbelief.

"But - but you're dead," he whispered. "I just killed you!" Morgana shook her head. "Nope," she corrected him cheerily. He stared at her, wand pointed at her. "How?" He breathed. Morgana heard footsteps behind her and in an instant, Abraxas was standing at her side. "You?" Lestrange snarled. "You did this?" Abraxas nodded slowly. "Yes."

"That was a mistake, Malfoy," Lestrange hissed. "And you will pay for it dearly. Now, stand aside til I kill this girl, and I might let you live." Abraxas shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

Lucius Malfoy stepped forward. "Abraxas, please! Come to your senses." Lestrange shot an icy glare at Lucius. "Move, boy!" He snarled at Abraxas.

Morgana drew her wand, but Abraxas pushed her behind him protectively. "I won't let you," he told Lestrange, defiance in his voice. Rodolphus looked furious. "So you care about her?" He asked, smirking. Lucius Malfoy looked appalled. "Abraxas - you care about this - this traitor?" Abraxas took a deep breath. "Yes," he murmured.

Lestrange's eyes lit up with a burning fury. "Well then, you are both traitorous scum! You shall die as well." Morgana flicked her wand in the direction of Lestrange. "Expelliarmus!" She yelled, but the spell didn't hit him. "Sectumsempra! Crucio!" He yelled, but Morgana blocked his curses, as did Abraxas Malfoy.

        All of a sudden, the Hogwarts Army began to break free of the spell freezing them in place one by one. They broke ranks and charged, as did the Death Eaters, and the courtyard was soon a sea of witches and wizards, good and bad, fighting for their lives in a battle they didn't know was happening.

         Morgana watched it unfold before her, all the while trying to gather together the army, signal to Emma, let Harry know she was ok. Wizards of all ages were fighting to the death. Suddenly, Morgana spotted Emma running towards her, fighting through the sea of people. "Morgana!" She shrieked in relief as the two girls met in the middle. Morgana threw her arms around Emma. "I have no time to explain," she told her best friend hurriedly. "But I need you to fight. I need all of us to." Emma nodded, pulling away from Morgana and brandishing her wand. "Let's go, then."

The two girls scurried off in separate directions, firing spells at Death Eaters all the while. "Stupefy!" "Levicorpus!" "Expelliarmus!" "Reducto!" "Petrificus Totalus!" "Impedimenta!"

The Hogwarts Army were fighting off the Death Eaters, slowly but surely. Some had even begun to retreat. Even the youngest members of the DA were giving it all they'd got. "Stupefy!" Cried a first year boy in a high-pitched voice, sending a Death Eater sprawling to the ground. Morgana grinned at him, impressed. "Nice one!" The first year smiled and turned red.

A second-year was duelling with Violeta Avery. Avery's lips moved, and a green bolt of light shot out of her wand. "Protego!" Morgana screamed. "Stupefy!" Avery fell to the ground and the second-year thanked Morgana in a shaking voice before scuttling away.

Before she knew it, Morgana found herself fighting alongside Teddy Lupin. They both disarmed and petrified two Death Eaters at exactly the same time, before turning to look at each other. They were both silent for a moment, neither of them breaking eye contact, before Morgana looked down and turned to run back to the battle. Teddy grabbed her arm. "Teddy, this isn't the time," Morgana sighed. The boy looked shocked. This was the first time they'd spoken in months. "No, no, it's just..." he stuttered, looking at her. "I'm glad you're alright." Morgana nodded, and spun around to fight a group of Death Eaters, while Teddy sighed at his own stupidity and dashed off in the opposite direction.

Morgana stared around her at the battlefield, and a familiar voice suddenly rang out in her mind. "Great battle... two armies.... three will perish... one shall betray..."

The impact of the realisation made Morgana feel faint. The prophecy was unfolding before her. Abraxas had been the betrayer. But - three shall perish.

That meant three people were going to-

___________________________

A/N:

Sorry if this is moving too quickly, I've just got into a writing sort of mood and I've kind of reached the climax, so I hope you're enjoying a bit of action and drama.

MorganaBlack394