Reconciliations

Morgana paced into the dormitory that night, letting out a deep sigh. She sat down in front of the dressing table mirror and released her hair from the untidy knot it was scraped into at the back of her neck.

Hardly bothered to do anything else, Morgana crossed the room and tumbled onto her four poster bed. She had the dorm all to herself, and she intended to just lie there and do nothing.

Not three seconds later, though, the door swung open, and Emma Fortis walked into the room. Seeing that it was just Morgana in there, she so, so nearly turned and walked back out. But she couldn't now. Besides, she was tired, and she wanted to just curl up with a book on her bed. So she entered the dorm and shut the door behind her.

Morgana slid off the edge of her own bed with a groan, slipping off the bedsheets and landing on the floor. Emma couldn't help but giggle at how ridiculous she looked lying there in a heap.

Morgana grinned to herself. "Hey, Em," she greeted Emma in a slightly awkward tone.

Emma gave a small, even more awkward smile. "Hey."

They were both silent for a minute, until Emma finally found the courage.

"Listen, Morgana, I think we need to talk," she addressed the other girl. "If that's ok with you."

Morgana picked herself up gingerly off the carpeted floor and sat down warily on the edge of her bed. "Yeah?"

        Emma looked at her desperately. "We haven't spoken in weeks. I miss you, Morgana."

         Morgana sighed. "I miss you too, Em. I just - I don't understand why you and Abraxas can't get along."

        Emma shrugged. "I just can't set aside all the stuff he did to us all those years. And I know he can't like me, because I'm a halfblood. I just - I don't trust him Morgana. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is."

        Morgana sighed. "I'm sorry too, Em. I'm sorry that I didn't make more of an effort after the battle, I guess I just - I needed space."

         Emma nodded. "We all did. So... are we officially reconciled?" She asked hopefully.

         Morgana grinned and nodded. "Yep."

Emma gave a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank Merlin, things were starting to get boring!"

          Morgana gave a genuine laugh. Merlin, Emma had missed that laugh. "So, does this mean you'll help me persuade Minnie to let us play the Quidditch final?" Morgana asked with a cheeky grin.

       "What? Morgana - I don't know if that's really-"

         The other girl sighed. "I know, I know. It's just - I thought it'd be good for everyone, just playing some Quidditch, having some fun. And if I'm completely honest, I kinda want to see if we win. It's our first year as captains; we have to beat Slytherin!"

        Emma smiled. "And then a kick-ass party after, right?"

        Morgana raised her eyebrows. "Now Miss Fortis - do you really think we aren't going to have a party? It'll cheer everyone up. We have to get on with life at some point, right? And besides, they wouldn't want us to stop enjoying life just because they aren't here to do it with us. Tim especially would kill me if he knew I let them cancel Quidditch."

           Miraculously, McGonagall agreed with Morgana that a game of quidditch would cheer everyone up, and the quidditch final was back on. In all honestly, Minnie probably wanted Gryffindor to win as well.