Side of the Story

Summer arrived, as all things do, and it was as though school didn't exist. The weather was wonderful, and seven long weeks of bliss stretched ahead of them.

          Morgana and Abraxas healed quickly, an the Ministry finally saw sense and gave Rosier three years, as well as snapping his wand and banning him from any form of magic.

        For a while, Morgana felt a little bad. He was only seventeen, for crying out loud! But then she saw the scars on Abraxas' arm, and remembered what a monster Grant Rosier was, and she felt that he deserved everything coming to him.

         Johnny Fortis has recovered fully, and he and Scarlett Cross appeared to be making up for lost time, the pair of them snogging at every opportunity. Meanwhile, Emma had repaired her relationship with Morgana, and had an uneasy acquaintanceship with Abraxas Malfoy.

         Teddy Lupin was in the worst place of all of them. He achieved a commendable ten O.W.L.s, but he also had Victoire Weasley hanging on him at any possible moment she could. He missed his old friends. Johnny and Emma and Scarlett and, most of all, Morgana. And now, he had a summer of watching them have fun ahead, while he stayed on the outside, Victoire bugging him endlessly.

         But then, Victoire went to visit her grandparents in France. "I'll only be gone for the weekend," she told Teddy, her voice upset. "Are you sure you won't come? My Aunt Gabrielle has many spare rooms in her house. And you could come to Paris with us, and you could see the Eiffel Tower, and I could teach you French! You'd love it."

         Teddy grinned sheepishly. "I'm sure I would, Vic, but I'm afraid I'll have to stay here. Grandma's taking me to Cardiff next weekend, and I've already said I'll go. She misses me awfully when I'm away at Hogwarts, and I feel bad about leaving her alone for so long."

He hated feeling like he had to justify himself to her. He didn't want to go to France with her. Andromeda had been looking forward to their little trip since Teddy went back to Hogwarts at Easter. He was going to Cardiff. He was the only person his Grandma had left.

         The day after Vicky left for France, Teddy decided he should go and see Harry. He missed his godfather, and Ginny, and James and Albus and Lily. He could only hope that Morgana was over at the Fortis'.

          So, saying goodbye to Andromeda, Teddy Lupin stepped out the front door of his Grandmother's house and summoned the Knight Bus to get him to the Potters'.

         About five minutes later, after one of those crazy, twisting journeys Teddy enjoyed so much, and a cup of hot chocolate he had spilt most of, he was standing outside the Potters' front door. He rapped quickly, and a moment later the door was flung open.

        He was standing face to face with Morgana Black.

________________________________

          She had clearly only just woken up. She was in an old Puddlemere United Quidditch Shirt and a pair of black leggings with multiple small holes in the knees. She had slipped her feet into a pair of black converse and her curly, dark hair was hanging down her back in a tangled mess. A slight smudge of mascara remained under her eyes where she had forgotten to take it off the night before, and she held a large black mug.

        "Teddy," she remarked in surprise. Quickly, her voice became slightly colder. "What are you doing here?"

        Teddy felt himself flush, and was sure his hair had turned bright purple. "I - I came over to see Harry." He stuttered.

        "He's not in," Morgana told him. "He's working today, and Ginny's in the Patagonian Desert writing on the World Cup. The kids are all with Molly. I'm home alone today." She gestured to her mug. "Can I get you anything? Hot chocolate?"