Emerging

James opened his eyes, to find a grey....void?

What? Where was he? He was dead! He distinctly remembered the green light, and Voldemort-

Lily! She was alone, unsafe, unprotected! And Harry.

He had let them down....both of them, he had let both of them down.

And it was Voldemort....Voldemort. Harry.....Harry was just a baby, would Voldemort even bother? Yes, yes he would.

Lily would fight him, though. Bargain with him.

James closed his eyes as tears slipped out of them.

"Son." The voice of James' father appeared from behind.

"Dad?" James' voice cracked, "Mum?"

"Son. You did the best you could."

"How....how do you know?"

"We can see you, James. We've been watching. We're so glad you had Harry, he is an adorable tyke." His mum smiled.

"It wasn't enough....they're going to die." James said, head down and crying.

"James. James. Look at me. Chin up, little one. It's okay."

"It's not okay! I good as sentenced them to death, it's my fault, I did this, I have led my family to death." James rocked back and forth, tears now streaming.

"James, it's okay."

"Stop telling me it's okay."

"Alright. Okay. Fine."

A minute or two passed, and James' head snapped up.

"You can watch the living world? Can I see...them?"

"Yes, James, just think of Lily, think of Harry, and Voldemort...."

James thought deeply about his love for Harry and Lily, and his hatred for Voldemort.

It appeared in front of him, the real world. The world of the living. It was Voldemort's ugly face, smiling, and green light shot out of his wand, hit Lily, and James shouted, "NO!" He started punching the living world, even though it was transparent, a vision-like-screen.

He didn't watch it, he didn't watch as from behind, Lily gasped and sat up.

"Harry!" She shouted. James turned around and pulled her up.

"Think of him, now, please." He ordered, and the screen appeared in front of Lily, too.

They saw the flash of green light as it hit Harry, the flash as it rebounded, and Voldemort disappeared.

And they stared at eachother, in amazement and horror, as Harry stared to cry.

A/N: Okay, so, in this isn't a story. This isn't going to follow through time-wise. These are one-shots that will go from the Harry generation to the next generation, and there will be moments when there is no living world, when it is purely the afterlife. Expect a bit of Jily fluff in one, I don't know when. Requests for chapters are welcome, comment them here.